Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D800 Problem ; hardware

Sellerman

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D800 Problem ; hardware

Help! I have a problem with my d800. The metal thing sticking out on the front seems to be bent; here is a link to the picture NIKON D800 Bent Aperture Controller (Hardware)

Have you experienced this? My viewfinder seems to have gotten darker. Does this normally happen? I did notice that my 50 1.8g at 1.8 shows some blades when I look at the glass.

Dec 09, 2012 at 06:53 AM
Chestnut
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D800 Problem ; hardware

that "thing" is the aperture controller. it's a tab that pushes the corresponding tab on your lens in order to open up the aperture. If it's not functioning correctly, it's not opening up your lens, therefore making your viewfinder darker.

You should look into getting it fixed, since it's a pretty important part of the operation of the camera

Dec 09, 2012 at 07:34 AM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D800 Problem ; hardware

This seems to be another problem with the D800, been seeing this a lot. You could try to bend it back your self or send it in to Nikon.

Dec 09, 2012 at 06:51 PM
charles sharpe
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D800 Problem ; hardware

Was it like that when you bought it if so take it back and get a replacement or if it has happened since you bought it is down to you.Which ever get it done by the pros as it could in time damage your lens.

Charles

Dec 09, 2012 at 07:05 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password