Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · High School Basketball & Cheer

stempsons
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · High School Basketball & Cheer

My daughters cheer coach asked for some pics of the game last night. It was great game (double overtime) and a lively crowd!

Here's a few...

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF85mm f/1.8 USM lens    85mm    f/1.8    1/800s    5000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF135mm f/2L USM lens    135mm    f/2.0    1/800s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF135mm f/2L USM lens    135mm    f/2.0    1/800s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF85mm f/1.8 USM lens    85mm    f/1.8    1/800s    6400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Dec 08, 2012 at 09:12 PM · View previous versions

Dec 08, 2012 at 05:24 PM
stempsons
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · High School Basketball & Cheer

A few more...

My daughter!

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF85mm f/1.8 USM lens    85mm    f/1.8    1/500s    3200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Dec 08, 2012 at 09:14 PM · View previous versions

Dec 08, 2012 at 05:27 PM
FMarquart
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · High School Basketball & Cheer

check your horizons...

Dec 08, 2012 at 06:04 PM
stempsons
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · High School Basketball & Cheer

FMarquart wrote:
check your horizons...

Thanks!

Did a little fixing

-Seth

Dec 08, 2012 at 06:15 PM
basehorhonda
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · High School Basketball & Cheer

I liked the first cheerleader photo, but in that photo and the first one, there is a lot of wasted space above the subjects.

The second cheerleader, the one jumping doing the splits, would be nice if her eyes were open.

Dec 08, 2012 at 08:18 PM
stempsons
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · High School Basketball & Cheer

basehorhonda wrote:
I liked the first cheerleader photo, but in that photo and the first one, there is a lot of wasted space above the subjects.

The second cheerleader, the one jumping doing the splits, would be nice if her eyes were open.

changed the crop a little on the ones you pointed out, couldn't do anything about my daughters eye's though... thanks for critique!
-Seth

Dec 08, 2012 at 09:16 PM
basehorhonda
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · High School Basketball & Cheer

I like it.

Its hard to change things like that lol. Nice stuff.

Dec 08, 2012 at 09:18 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · High School Basketball & Cheer

For future reference, if you're going to make changes to photos after you've posted them and others have made specific comments about them, please add the revised photos to the end of the thread so that others coming to it later can see what the comments were referring to. It can be helpful to all to maintain that chronicle.

Dec 08, 2012 at 09:31 PM
stempsons
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · High School Basketball & Cheer

Russ Isabella wrote:
For future reference, if you're going to make changes to photos after you've posted them and others have made specific comments about them, please add the revised photos to the end of the thread so that others coming to it later can see what the comments were referring to. It can be helpful to all to maintain that chronicle.

Will do!

Dec 08, 2012 at 09:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

andyz
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · High School Basketball & Cheer

On shot 5, you are the parent so you won't be upset, but at football games as an example whenever I get "that angle" on a cheerleader I trash the photo out of precaution. I've had others tell me these can lead to complaints from parents. If I had a daughter I could see the point, do yo share that concern or am I conservative in what I was told?

Dec 10, 2012 at 06:20 AM
stempsons
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · High School Basketball & Cheer

andyz wrote:
On shot 5, you are the parent so you won't be upset, but at football games as an example whenever I get "that angle" on a cheerleader I trash the photo out of precaution. I've had others tell me these can lead to complaints from parents. If I had a daughter I could see the point, do yo share that concern or am I conservative in what I was told?

I could see an over protective parent having an issue with some shots being captured. I don't feel the jump shot is over the top personally. I have had some leg kick shots that I feel aren't in good taste to post though.

-Seth

Dec 10, 2012 at 05:06 PM
ggreene
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · High School Basketball & Cheer

Actually the uniform in #5 at least has fairly good coverage under the skirt. I have seen some cheerleader uniforms designed with a lot less coverage there and it's a "wardrobe malfunction" waiting to happen. I have definitely rejected some shots because of that.

I think tight cropping has a lot to do with it being perceived as inappropriate. Zoom out so that you get the entire squad jumping in midair and I don't think many people would mind as much.

Dec 24, 2012 at 03:13 PM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · High School Basketball & Cheer

My two cents - I post several sports on my website and I was getting way to many hits on the cheerleader section from all across the world - so personally I password protect that section now.

Overall I like your framing and facial expression on many of the pictures - good job

Jan 08, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · High School Basketball & Cheer

On the second cheerleader photo, I'd say this is a no go for me. The sharp parts of the image don't have faces in them.

Jan 08, 2013 at 11:35 PM
stempsons
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · High School Basketball & Cheer

jspytek wrote:
My two cents - I post several sports on my website and I was getting way to many hits on the cheerleader section from all across the world - so personally I password protect that section now.

Overall I like your framing and facial expression on many of the pictures - good job

Good point! and thank you!
-Seth

Jan 09, 2013 at 03:31 AM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · High School Basketball & Cheer

I usually don't like mounts around pictures but for some reasons, these frames work really well with the pictures! Great work!

Jan 10, 2013 at 05:14 PM
stempsons
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · High School Basketball & Cheer

sozypozy wrote:
I usually don't like mounts around pictures but for some reasons, these frames work really well with the pictures! Great work!

Thank you

Jan 10, 2013 at 05:15 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password