New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Floral......Cake

gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Floral......Cake

Just messing around with some shots from a recent wedding....

This cake was right up my alley!

Thanks for giving it a look!

Greg

Floral Cake

Edited on Dec 08, 2012 at 05:12 PM · View previous versions

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:55 AM
T-bone1
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Floral......Cake

Awesome, Greg!
Love the lights in the upper left especially. They add some depth with the black background.

Tim

Dec 08, 2012 at 01:54 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Floral......Cake

Too pretty to eat.
An excellent image, Greg.
Looks like a lean to the right of approximately .35 of a percent .
Charlie
PS don't judge verticality on the left side of an image (there's always SOME lens-caused distortion); judge verticality in the middle of an image.

Dec 08, 2012 at 03:24 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Floral......Cake

T-bone1 wrote:
Awesome, Greg!
Love the lights in the upper left especially. They add some depth with the black background.

Tim

Thanks Tim!

Dec 08, 2012 at 04:58 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Floral......Cake

Charlie Shugart wrote:
Too pretty to eat.
An excellent image, Greg.
Looks like a lean to the right of approximately .35 of a percent .
Charlie
PS don't judge verticality on the left side of an image (there's always SOME lens-caused distortion); judge verticality in the middle of an image.

How can you tell it's not vertical Charlie, the sides aren't even vertical! I'll grid it and see!

Dec 08, 2012 at 04:59 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Floral......Cake

gregfountain wrote:
How can you tell it's not vertical Charlie, the sides aren't even vertical! I'll grid it and see!

It's sort of like seeing your grandma (as a child) for the first time in a couple of months. You take one look and say "Grandma!"
You don't think, "Grey hair, putting on a few pounds, has that wonderful smile that only she has... it must be grandma."

However, since this pic isn't anyone's grandma, my immediate response to looking at the image was that it tilts to the right. To back that up because few on the forum ever comment about "lean," I examined the middle of the pic- from top to bottom. The horizontal lines of the cake layers aren't exactly horizontal in the image (they are noticeably not horizontal).
Now, it might be argued that "The table wasn't exactly horizontal," etc. That might be true- but it's irrelevant.
Adding to the general problem is the old battle of perception vs reality. Sometimes the perception is one thing and the reality is another. The reality might be of primary importance to the photographer, but all the viewer has is the perception... NOT the reality (we weren't there at the time).
Which is more important? The photographer's knowledge? Or what the viewer sees?
I usually side with the viewer- but that isn't necessarily correct.
Ultimately the photographer chooses who is more important regarding a particular image...the photographer or the viewer.
Charlie

Dec 08, 2012 at 05:26 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Floral......Cake

Charlie Shugart wrote:
It's sort of like seeing your grandma (as a child) for the first time in a couple of months. You take one look and say "Grandma!"
You don't think, "Grey hair, putting on a few pounds, has that wonderful smile that only she has... it must be grandma."

However, since this pic isn't anyone's grandma, my immediate response to looking at the image was that it tilts to the right. To back that up because few on the forum ever comment about "lean," I examined the middle of the pic- from top to bottom. The horizontal lines of the cake layers
...Show more

I double checked it and made the correction

Dec 08, 2012 at 05:35 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.