New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Pano2VR issue

papageno
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pano2VR issue

When converting 16bit Tiff images to Quicktime "movies", No matter what light and dark values I want, the program insists on a considerably lighter version.

Is there way to turn this wonderful feature off?

Do I need to point out the images print where I want them to print?

Yes, my system is calibrated. Color space is Adobe 1998.

Dec 06, 2012 at 07:58 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pano2VR issue

What software are you using for the Tiff-to-Quicktime conversion?
When you say "Color space is Adobe 1998", I assume that is for the Tiff files?

Dec 06, 2012 at 08:04 PM
papageno
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pano2VR issue

Pano2VR
Yes

Dec 07, 2012 at 04:07 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pano2VR issue

Sorry about the question about the conversion software. I always forget to go back and check the thread title for key information.

I'm not a Pano2VR user so this may not be very helpful but I suspect that what you are seeing is a color management issue. The converter or Quicktime is probably ignoring the AdobeRGB profiles in your images and treating them as either sRGB or monitor colorspace. If you have a wide-gamut monitor, it is possible that the impact could be worse. Here is a thread on the Garden Gnome site that talks about this, although the output in that case is Flash, not QT:

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3843

There is a post in that thread that recommends using soft-proofing and converting to sRGB.

If that isn't the problem, my second guess is that Quicktime could be using NTSC video levels. This is where black and white levels are set at 16 and 235 respectively instead of 0 and 255. I doubt this is the problem in this case but maybe. I don't know what you could do about this if it is the problem other than check the Pano2VR settings and see if there is a setting that would allow you to change the behavior.

I don't know if that will help but maybe it will give you some ideas.

Dec 07, 2012 at 06:24 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.