FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Aspen

Dloseke29
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Aspen

This was taken this fall in Lockett Meadow near Flagstaff, Az.

Aspen Trunks

Dec 05, 2012 at 07:40 PM
M.P.R.
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Aspen

Like the composure, but trunks look over saturated with purple and green color on my monitor.

Frank

Dec 05, 2012 at 07:43 PM
Dloseke29
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Aspen

I think your monitor might need calibrating. The trunks are hues of yellow, some with a bit of magenta. The close one on the right is more neutral. Just calibrated my monitors today. Thanks,

Dec 05, 2012 at 07:56 PM
JimKied
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Aspen

Ummm..... they look kinda purplish on my monitor as well.

Dec 05, 2012 at 08:19 PM
Mark Cronin
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Aspen

The one on the right looks perfect.
BG looks over done as well.
Back off a little and you have a great shot.

Mark

Dec 05, 2012 at 08:34 PM
Dloseke29
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Aspen

This is pretty much like it came from the camera. The yellow colors from
all the leaves colored the trunks of the aspen. I did take some of the color out of the near big trunk.

Dec 05, 2012 at 08:46 PM
Adam Schallau
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Aspen

I like the composition, but agree that the colors looked a little over-cooked. Mark Cronin makes a good suggestion...back off the saturation a little and I think you've got a good shot!

Dec 05, 2012 at 09:46 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Aspen

Dloseke29 wrote:
I think your monitor might need calibrating. The trunks are hues of yellow, some with a bit of magenta. The close one on the right is more neutral. Just calibrated my monitors today. Thanks,

My monitor is calibrated and I see what the previous poster was describing, though perhaps this is a matter of preference rather than absolute right or wrong.

When I get a number of viewers making a similar observation about one of my photographs, I feel like it does me more good to understand what they see than to try to deny that they see what they see. Perhaps their observation is worth considering. Sometimes I change what I do based on what I heard, and sometimes I decide that I simply disagree with them and follow my own muse.

Dan

Dec 06, 2012 at 02:55 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Aspen

You got a pretty good shot here. I will agree, just a bit too saturated, but for me not bad really, just pull back on it a bit.

As to calibating monitors, just because you did it, doesn't mean it's calibrated. Often when I calibrate mine, I have to go through the process 2, 3 or 4 times before they actually end up calibrated. I always double check the calibration against a print or two that I know the colors are right on, then compare it to the prints digital version on the monitor.

Flagstaff is a great place for aspens. I shot a bunch there maybe 10 years ago.

Jim

Dec 06, 2012 at 10:54 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Aspen

A little over saturated maybe, but I like it.

I tried to get to Lockett Meadow about a year ago. I think the road was temporarily washed out?

Dec 06, 2012 at 11:02 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.