Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Photocrati for website?

talexander
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photocrati for website?

Has anyone used photocrati? Experiences/opinions welcome

Tim

Dec 04, 2012 at 05:02 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photocrati for website?

I use it. It's okay, pretty easy to use, and they give you eight "themes, " which are pretty much the same theme with different color palates, but you can customize it. I've tried others, and found them disappointing (at least from a non-programmer point of view) as they require a lot more in depth knowledge of writing style sheets. I am currently considering a custom smugmug template with an integrates wordpress blog....since I already use smugmug for proofing and storage....but if you are looking for a straight forward, easy to use template, photocrati works....

Dec 04, 2012 at 06:12 PM
scottwyden

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photocrati for website?

Hi Tim,

I work at Photocrati and would happy to answer any questions you have. The theme is extremely flexible and as Greg said, easy to customize. The point of the theme is to make it easy for photographers, so there are a lot of options. In addition, there is the ability to add custom CSS for anyone who wants to do some advanced customizing.

Feel free to check out my website, http://scottwyden.com if you want to see a site running the theme with a lot of CSS customizations.

Dec 08, 2012 at 05:14 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photocrati for website?

The front page takes a long time and doesn't show much but some text and large white spaces. Are there supposed to be photos?

EBH

Dec 08, 2012 at 05:30 PM
scottwyden

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photocrati for website?

My site is loading for me on an iPad and laptop. What are you browsing on?

Dec 08, 2012 at 06:11 PM
dadagallery
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photocrati for website?

Hi Scott, hope my question to you is still of interest to talexander as it relates to customizing photocrati. You have a rotating series of shots on your home page and I haven't been able to figure out how to get that working. All my images are in separate galleries, but would love to have them cycle through on the home page. Thanks.

Dec 08, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photocrati for website?

HI Scott, I am getting the same as EB-1 on a Mac using Safari. Perhaps the host is having issues (my biggest complaint..always)? At least on the front page. The galleries seem to be loading pretty well.....

Greg

Dec 08, 2012 at 10:15 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Photocrati for website?

I am using IE8. The galleries do work for me too.

EBH

Dec 08, 2012 at 10:31 PM
talexander
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Photocrati for website?

Well, I bought Photocrati and put up some VERY (please scream that out loud when you read this) preliminary site timhd.com and one question is how do I remove the Edit option from pages? I don't want everyone seeing edit on all of my pages and prompted to login to wordpress

Tim

Dec 10, 2012 at 01:29 AM
scottwyden

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Photocrati for website?

Greg, That's something our support team could answer easily, and there are a bunch of tutorials in the members area. You can check them out, and contact support at members.photocrati.com - our support team is awesome and try to respond as quick as possible. To sum it up, you can use images from other galleries by creating a new gallery for the specific page and importing photos from other Photocrati gallery.

EB-1 and Greg, not sure why you guys can't see the slideshow but it works on so many other machines.

Tim, the Edit link only shows to people logged into the site. It won't show publicly.

Dec 10, 2012 at 01:04 PM
a123
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Photocrati for website?

I use photocrati and love it: www.wildharephoto.com

I switched from using smugmug to hosting photos myself and using photocrati for the website.

Dec 26, 2012 at 06:31 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password