Outstanding composition, Fred!

Bob

Dec 05, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sand Dunes at Dusk

Slabshaft wrote:
Very nice. The moon is what makes it a stand-out shot for me. There are very few chances to get the moon in a shot like this.

I had framed the shot with the moon in mind but was not sure if I would remove it or not in post. I'm glad I left it in.

JimFox wrote:
Hey Fred,

Very cool looking! You got some very nice color there.

Sunset is my favorite time at the dunes, because you can see the footprints, and you have time to hopefully find an area without them. At Sunrise, it's really hard to see the footprints if the wind didn't blow them away, until it's too late. So, I actually prefer the Sunset... Now when I was there last week, it was just about impossible too, there was tons of footprints. I did manage to find an area after hiking back in there for about an hour that had minimal footprints. But
...Show more

Where are your pictures from DV? Can't wait to see them.
I'm used to be one of the first ones at the dunes for the sunrise light...climbing them with a flashlight. You make a good point that in the afternoon, at least you know where not to shoot.
As much as I love shooting at the Mesquite dunes, next time, I will visit other dune areas. It just got too crowded.

Happy birthday!

Dec 05, 2012 at 08:09 PM
Adam Schallau
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sand Dunes at Dusk

Nice shot, Fred! If you haven't done it already, you should spend some time at Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado. It's an amazing place.

Dec 05, 2012 at 09:49 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sand Dunes at Dusk

What a wonderful glow and a wonderful flow in this one Fred. Lots of beauty in that remaining light you captured!

Karl

Dec 05, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sand Dunes at Dusk

Nice shot, Fred! If you haven't done it already, you should spend some time at Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado. It's an amazing place.
Hi Adam,
I have never been to Great Sand Dunes. Definitely on my list now! Thanks for the tip.

Thank you all for comments and feedback!

Dec 06, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sand Dunes at Dusk

Gorgeous shot!

Dec 07, 2012 at 01:56 AM
brockwhittaker
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Sand Dunes at Dusk

You really processed this photo well. It has great lighting.. Just everything is great. Though, the photo seems a little heavy on the right side. I had to look twice to make sure the horizon was straight. Other than that, awesome!

Dec 07, 2012 at 02:30 AM
kurt765
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Sand Dunes at Dusk

Beautiful. I must admit that I didn't think it was the Mesquite Dunes at first glance, since I almost never seem to have my camera pointed South as it turns out. I too am a huge fan of the tones that arise out of the light just after the sun has set, or just before it rises. Soft, saturated light is very pretty.

Dec 09, 2012 at 04:34 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Sand Dunes at Dusk

Peaceful scene with a warm beautiful light. Swirls in a sky repeat swirls on a ground. Sand dunes are my favorite place to be.

Dec 09, 2012 at 04:48 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.