New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 3rd party batteries for Oly E-5

Lan11
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 3rd party batteries for Oly E-5

EZOPower Olympus BLN-1/ BLN1. What’s the experience?

Dec 03, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 3rd party batteries for Oly E-5

Is this for the E-5 or the E-M5? (I ask because the BLN-1 is the E-M5, but the E-5 is in the subject).

If you're looking for the BLN-1 for the E-M5, I've had good success with the Wasabi Power generics. They've worked very well for me, and I picked up two along with the charger for about $30.

Dec 03, 2012 at 10:20 AM
bigkidneys
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 3rd party batteries for Oly E-5

Second Wasabi and also Power 2000 brands. Used both for Nex and older EP-3 with no issues. Amazon is easiest to order them from

Dec 03, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Lan11
[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 3rd party batteries for Oly E-5

Thank you both.

Apr 01, 2013 at 09:44 AM
kmkime

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 3rd party batteries for Oly E-5

Jman13 wrote:
Is this for the E-5 or the E-M5? (I ask because the BLN-1 is the E-M5, but the E-5 is in the subject).

If you're looking for the BLN-1 for the E-M5, I've had good success with the Wasabi Power generics. They've worked very well for me, and I picked up two along with the charger for about $30.

Agree on the Wasabis. I picked them up for, I think, $23 or so on Amazon. You get a direct wall plug charger (very useful given the odd choice of Olympus to give a corded-only charger) and two batteries. I find that the 2 Wasabi batteries don't last as long as the OEM battery, but since you get two back-ups, it is still a pretty good option.

Apr 01, 2013 at 08:16 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 3rd party batteries for Oly E-5

I am not using the OEM battery. I have 6 generic batteries + 2 generic charges ... and they all work just fine. But you have to be careful if you are using the vertical grip. One of my generics got stuck in the very tight compartment of the vertical grip and I've had to push/pry it out slowly. Apart from that, I've not had any other problem.

Apr 01, 2013 at 11:18 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.