New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D300 Blinking CF Light

NathanHamler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D300 Blinking CF Light

Shot a wedding tonight, and had a weird thing happen....when i shoot with one of my D300's, everything works fine, but when i turn the camera OFF, the green "CF" light on the back starts blinking, even after the buffer has emptied and written to the card......and it blinks.....and blinks......and blinks.....and doesn't stop blinking......and if you pull the CF card out, it stops, BUT, it still drains the battery......like really weird.....i googled D300 CF light blinking, and found a few responses, some people said they shipped it to nikon, others said that they did a reset, then updated firmware, etc....others spoke of "killer cards"...so i'm wondering if anyone here has run into this issue, and how you solved it....did it go away on its own, or did you have to send the camera in?

Dec 01, 2012 at 11:40 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D300 Blinking CF Light

Reminiscent of the D70 and the "Blinking green light of death." It sounds like a trip to Nikon.

Dec 02, 2012 at 12:45 AM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D300 Blinking CF Light

actually it seems to have remedied itself....well, after i took off the 3RD PARTY BATTERY GRIP!.......seriously these things cause more problems than they're worth...in my D7000 if you let the battery in the grip run down, the camera will start doing wonky things, like it wont seamlessly switch to the internal battery (or vice versa)....and in my d300 yesterday during the wedding it did the same thing....shooting the family coming back down the isle (luckily it wasn't a SUPER important part) and the camera just shut down....mirror stayed up, no response or anything....so later i pulled the grip, and it woke up...

then at the end of the night this happened, but it was after i had put the grip back on, sans battery......switched cameras, then got home and messed with it, posted the question, pulled the grip, and now it's all good....

guess i'll buy nikon grips from now on....

Dec 02, 2012 at 07:39 AM
davidnholtjr
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D300 Blinking CF Light

NathanHamler wrote:
actually it seems to have remedied itself....well, after i took off the 3RD PARTY BATTERY GRIP!.......seriously these things cause more problems than they're worth...in my D7000 if you let the battery in the grip run down, the camera will start doing wonky things, like it wont seamlessly switch to the internal battery (or vice versa)....and in my d300 yesterday during the wedding it did the same thing....shooting the family coming back down the isle (luckily it wasn't a SUPER important part) and the camera just shut down....mirror stayed up, no response or anything....so later i pulled the grip, and it
...Show more

This is why I always buy the Nikon grip.

Hope your cameras are fine and not damaged.

Dec 02, 2012 at 10:13 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.