Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

David Leask
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

Wonderful shots Scott, they got better and better as I scrolled down. Well done.
David

Dec 07, 2012 at 07:05 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

JimFox: You can't really tell how the picture will turn out until you put some time into processing. It was the combination of disappointment on the fist picture that looked so appealing in person and then being distracted by wolf picture taking. I really like the 2nd now that I have put the time into it. The 4th looked better in person and I have to take another run at processing it. Glad you like them. Thanks for the encouragment. Much appreciated. Scott

David Leask: Glad you like them. It was a very cold morning with the wind blowing hard and I wondered if it was going to be worth it. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 07, 2012 at 09:04 AM
rpope
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

Absolutely stunning series Scott. The wolf shot is amazing!!

Rich

Dec 08, 2012 at 08:23 PM
USM IS
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

#3 and that wolf is OUTSTANDING! ..............Mike

Dec 08, 2012 at 08:30 PM
Jason Lang
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

The wolf has a slightly silly look -- wonderful shot. I spent a better part of a year in Alaska and actively looked for wolves. Found them once (playing in the Savage river like pups) -- alas, had a wide angle lens. Again, fantastic photo!

Really liked the first landscape in there series.

Dec 08, 2012 at 08:48 PM
Lee Wiren
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

Wow, love them all, but for me, #3 is the winner (if I had to choose, that is.... and I don't wanna).

Really nice series here.

Lee

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:38 PM
tjny
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

Scott this is a wonderful set of images and I appreciate the effort you put in to get these shots. I was there last summer on the way to hot springs and took a shot of a wolf at same location.

Dec 09, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Ed Swift
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

Great set. #4 and the Wolf for me.
Really like the pastel colours.

Dec 09, 2012 at 08:43 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

rpope: Glad you like the pictures. The wolf was the wildlife experience of the year. It even topped August grizzly bear charge that was so exciting. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

USM IS: Glad you like 3. I am going to go back when there is a reflection. Its a great spot. The wolf was exciting. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Jason Lang: Glad you like the first. Wolves are so hard to photograph. I think the wolf was being tactical. His mate was reluctant to cross the open space and he was showing her - don't be scared of the guy with the camera - and he was also looking beyond me as the pack went behind me. You kind of get a feel for how the moose feels when he runs into a wolf pack. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Lee Wiren: Glad you like 3. I am going to go back to the spot for less wind next time. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

tjny: Glad you like them. Jasper is the best place aside from Yellowstone and Kootenay Highway to find wolves. The wide open spaces and elk offer great opportunity. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Ed Swift: Glad you liked 4. The scene had fantastic pastel colours that I am not sure I processed to the maximum impact. And almost every morning it does this at that spot. But it was really really windy and very cold. My tripod blew over after I removed the camera. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 09, 2012 at 05:38 PM
mabidally
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

Beautiful landscapes and nice wolf shot too.

Would you care to share a 100 crop from the edge of one of your landscapes to see how the Zeiss is performing.

Dec 10, 2012 at 04:00 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

babidally: Glad you like the pictures. I will find and post the pieces you want this evening. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 10, 2012 at 08:33 AM
joezasada
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

very nice!

Dec 10, 2012 at 04:19 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

joezasada: Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 11, 2012 at 09:48 AM
msoomro
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

great series Scott. Its inciting me to make another trip into Can Rockies :-)

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

msoomro: Look me up when you come to visit. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Dec 13, 2012 at 07:08 PM
bpham
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · East of Jasper on Yellowhead

For me #2 and the wolf are really nice!

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.