Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Adorama one-day shipping...?

justindong
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adorama one-day shipping...?

Purchased a lens from Adorama early Monday afternoon. I really needed the lens to arrive by Wednesday (tomorrow) so I did two-day shipping. Customer service assured me the lens would ship out that day and be here by Wednesday. That didn't happen so I called customer service again this morning. They upgrade to one-day shipping (with me paying the difference). I called them twice today and each time was assured that it would 'definitely' ship out today. I know today isn't really over yet but it still hasn't shipped out yet (order is still processing).

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's typical for next day air shipping to go out much later in the day/evening. Heading out on a small trip on Thursday and was really hoping to have the lens by tomorrow :/

edit: just spoke to customer service AGAIN this morning and it still hasn't shipped. They at least agreed to ship it via next day air at no charge to me, but they still aren't entirely sure why it hasn't shipped yet...

Nov 28, 2012 at 04:25 AM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adorama one-day shipping...?

One of the things that has bothered me in the past with regards to Adorama is their in-stock/out-of-stock policies. They have screwed me a few times by NOT showing something as being out-of-stock and pretending they had it in-stock just to take my order. This has been addressed in many fora, including here, and we had assurances from their lurking rep that this was going to change. I am not saying this is what happened to you but it sounds like it. Maybe they thought they would get your lens from the supplier in time to get it to you but they never got the shipment. Whatever. This is why I will never use them again.

Nov 28, 2012 at 06:26 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adorama one-day shipping...?

Quick Q here, OP. You're in Long Island, NY and you're having your item shipped there via NEXT DAY AIR from Secaucus/Elizabeth, NJ? Hmmmm, truck to EWK, UPS/FedEx Plane to JFK (right!!), and then truck to Long Island?? Anything you're not telling us here

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM
justindong
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adorama one-day shipping...?

anthonysemone wrote:
Quick Q here, OP. You're in Long Island, NY and you're having your item shipped there via NEXT DAY AIR from Secaucus/Elizabeth, NJ? Hmmmm, truck to EWK, UPS/FedEx Plane to JFK (right!!), and then truck to Long Island?? Anything you're not telling us here

That's I'm currently not living on Long Island hahaha. Regardless though, Adorama finally shipped it out today. I'm still not entirely sure what the issue was as the nice lady just said it was indeed odd that the item hadn't shipped out for 2 days and that she would check with the warehouse and get back to me. Got an email from her this afternoon to let me know that it shipped.

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adorama one-day shipping...?

got it!! Indeed that would explain it glad to know it shipped, albeit late

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adorama one-day shipping...?

I live in Maryland and ALL my Adorama orders, if ordered b4 6pm, have shipped same day and arrived the very next day, excluding weekends.
Must be a sanfu somewhere. Contact Helen Oster here on FM for any further help.
Dan

Nov 29, 2012 at 03:38 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adorama one-day shipping...?

Dan,

my exact experience

Nov 29, 2012 at 03:49 PM
RJKphoto
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adorama one-day shipping...?

Ups hauls a tractor trailer load out of adorama'swarehouse in nj every evening. Ups's system does not update until that trailer gets to the terminal and everything is sorted off that load. Was it a used item?

Nov 30, 2012 at 02:22 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adorama one-day shipping...?

Sarsfield wrote:
One of the things that has bothered me in the past with regards to Adorama is their in-stock/out-of-stock policies. .......we had assurances from their lurking rep that this was going to change.......Whatever. This is why I will never use them again.

When there is a greater demand for an item than anticipated, the orders we receive can outpace our website's inventory update. If we are already low on inventory and then receive several orders within just a few minutes via the various portals such as BizRate, buy.com, and Amazon, plus via our own website, the phones and in-store, it isn't immediately obvious to our stock-keeping system which customer is going to be disappointed.

Had this project come to fruition in summer 2011 as we were promised, http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/9/prweb9875018.htm we would by now have a much better stock-keeping situation. We are still committed to doing this, but as we are actually a family business, it is going to take us a lot longer than we'd ever dreamed (or budgeted for)

RJKphoto wrote:
Ups hauls a tractor trailer load out of adorama'swarehouse in nj every evening. Ups's system does not update until that trailer gets to the terminal and everything is sorted off that load.

Actually, we have several UPS pick ups and swaps throughout the day. As the trailers get filled we call UPS and a driver arrives with an empty trailer and takes a full trailer away.
That trailer goes back to the UPS hub (of which there are several) and the trailer sits in their yard until they run the sort at night.
All UPS packages we ship will go out the door the same day - unless something quite out of the ordinary happens.

I thought I was on top of this from the moment that Justin contacted me and I regret deeply that on this occasion I failed to get it right.

I can only say how sorry I am.

Nov 30, 2012 at 01:13 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password