Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

weezintrumpete
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

Did you pre-order the 6D? If so, from where? If not, are you anticipating purchasing one after it's out?

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Tony B
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

No. Prefer the 7D upgrade when it appears to complement 5DIII & 1DIII.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:07 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

Nope, will wait for full reviews before jumping in

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

No. Currently own a 5D3. Although I'm interested in a 6D, based on the recent price availability of the 5D3, I'd wait until one is available around $1,700 before I'd buy one.

Nov 28, 2012 at 01:03 AM
PeaktoPeek
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

Nope -- the features didn't thrill me when the specs were released. So I jumped ship.

Nov 28, 2012 at 01:20 AM
M.P.R.
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

No freaking way... especially without seeing what it is capable of first. Not really interested in lower resolution than the 5DII or D800 cameras.

Many people complain about high resolution cameras, and how its harder to process their photos. But not me. Give me the highest resolution and photo quality you can. 4K monitors will be commonplace in just a couple years. 10 years from now, we will be looking at the next step up, 8k or 10k HD which will be commonplace by then. I want my photos to still be viewable in 10 years.

Too many think in yesterdays 1080p HD terms, which is already long dead. Seems lately display technology is improving faster than cameras. I see a future of beautiful curved wall size super high res thin film displays. That make you think you are there, standing right in the photo.

Give me some quality high res Canon, we need some progress here, not steps backward.

Nov 28, 2012 at 01:31 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

No. I did never preorder a camera. Let it be in the shelfs. Let me hold the real thing (in my hands). When I am sure, it is the right thing I always got a copy of anything immediatelly or within few days without preordering.

Nov 28, 2012 at 03:08 AM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

M.P.R. wrote:
No freaking way... especially without seeing what it is capable of first. Not really interested in lower resolution than the 5DII or D800 cameras.

Many people complain about high resolution cameras, and how its harder to process their photos. But not me. Give me the highest resolution and photo quality you can. 4K monitors will be commonplace in just a couple years. 10 years from now, we will be looking at the next step up, 8k or 10k HD which will be commonplace by then. I want my photos to still be viewable in 10 years.

Too many think in
...Show more
You're dreaming if 4k monitors or TV become commonplace in a couple of years. They'll become expensive highend items for the affluent and professionals, sure, but not commonplace.

For them to be commonplace, they'll need contents, and so far I don't see any indication that there's any initiative to start providing 4k contents for the mass. TV broadcast is only 720p, games on the console are mostly 720p or upscaled to 1080. I don't even know if bluray disc is enough for 4k content.

Nov 28, 2012 at 03:53 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

About what is or maybe common in ten years ... I guess I will think about then. Meanwhile I want and have to shoot and fullfill todays standards.

Nov 28, 2012 at 04:44 AM
ukkisavosta
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

The 6D looks interesting, and the sample images look very promising ín the noise/DR department. I haven't preordered, though (and will wait for the first price drop before making any decisions).

At the same time I am also interested in seeing what the next generation of APS-C will bring to the table. I currently shoot APS-C bodies (60D and NEX-C3), and I am quite content with current technology... although the pixel-peeper in me could always use a noise-free ISO 800 shot with full detail and color.

For me, a 6D would mean stepping up to FF, and I am still undecided whether I need/want that. I have some nice APS-C glass (Tamron 17-50, Sigma 8-16), and the idea of having to replace these is not very tempting. On the other hand I also have the Samyang 35 and Sigma 85, which long to be mounted on a FF body.

Jaakko

Nov 28, 2012 at 05:10 AM
safcraft
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

M.P.R. wrote:

I wonder how one still manages to have "viewable" images from the film days....

Nov 28, 2012 at 07:29 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

I wonder how one still manages to have "viewable" images from the film days....

You have to go to those strange places called museums and art galleries to see them hanging on walls....but from my recent experience you have to be pushy to get to the front of the crowds!! (flagging up the Ansel Adams and William Klein exhibitions in London if anyone is visiting over Christmas!!).

Nov 28, 2012 at 07:45 AM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

ukkisavosta wrote:
The 6D looks interesting, and the sample images look very promising ín the noise/DR department. I haven't preordered, though (and will wait for the first price drop before making any decisions).

At the same time I am also interested in seeing what the next generation of APS-C will bring to the table. I currently shoot APS-C bodies (60D and NEX-C3), and I am quite content with current technology... although the pixel-peeper in me could always use a noise-free ISO 800 shot with full detail and color.

For me, a 6D would mean stepping up to FF, and I am still undecided
...Show more

Same here. The DPreview 6D samples did sway my opinion somewhat, though the AU$2400 price still makes it a poor value for money.

The only two things about FF that tempt me are the shallower DOF due to the shorter distance required to fill the frame compared to 1.6x crop; better high ISO capability. I can live with more DOF but I would love better high ISO. I'll see what the next gen 7D has to offer as well.

Thing is, if I move to FF, I'd have to replace my Tokina 10-17 FE, Sigma 30/1.4 and Tamron 17-50. Any suggestion?

Nov 28, 2012 at 07:55 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

Getting my 6D + 24-70 f/4L IS lens in mid-Dec. No need to pre-order.

n0b0 wrote:
Thing is, if I move to FF, I'd have to replace my Tokina 10-17 FE, Sigma 30/1.4 and Tamron 17-50. Any suggestion?

Canon 8-15 f4/L Fisheye, Sigma/Canon 50 f/1.4, Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC. Does not sound hard.

Nov 28, 2012 at 08:35 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

thw2 wrote:
Getting my 6D + 24-70 f/4L IS lens in mid-Dec. No need to pre-order.

I am waiting for your opinion, thw2.

Nov 28, 2012 at 08:39 AM
Mr.Lindy
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

No, last week I bought a minty NikonUSA market D700 instead.

Seeing 6D specs/price there is no reason to pay more for 6D than either of my 5D Mark II cost me new. Irregardless of future 6D price drops it'll be a pass for me.

Why buy a 6D when 5D Mark II is still available ?

weezintrumpete wrote:
Did you pre-order the 6D? If so, from where? If not, are you anticipating purchasing one after it's out?

Nov 28, 2012 at 09:32 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

Mr.Lindy wrote:
Seeing 6D specs/price there is no reason to pay more for 6D than either of my 5D Mark II cost me new. Irregardless of future 6D price drops it'll be a pass for me.

You may be right. But the high ISO 6D jpeg images from DPReview seem to give us some hope...

Nov 28, 2012 at 09:41 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

Mr.Lindy wrote:

And why buy a D700 when a 5D II is still available?
Or why buy a 5D II when D600 is already cheaper (at Amazon here in germany)

I would buy a 6D instead of a 5D II because of higher usable ISO, better jpeg, better DR, better IQ, less weight, more reliable AF, higher AF sensitivity in lower light, silent mode, wifi, GPS to name some arguments. As far I see most else is the same. But for me (privat and bookings) those few additions would make a huge difference, worth the (current) additional 300 bucks.
I use the 5D II since 3.5 years and I would not look for a 6D if I would think it would not be better to fullfill my needs.

Ralph

Edited on Nov 28, 2012 at 05:28 PM · View previous versions

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Mr.Lindy
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

Ralph, I buy cameras I like in pairs & I own two 5DII already, the minty D700 is for the wife.
Sharing lenses with her is a joy, sharing cameras, not so much.
I didn't expect D700 to drop off the Nikon System before Christmas 2012, but it did.

Nice to read the 6D has some interesting specs vs 5DII.
Maybe I'll consider 6D in a couple years when its at end of life in the Canon System

Edited on Nov 28, 2012 at 10:30 AM · View previous versions

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Cphoto1954
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Did you pre-order the 6D?

+1 To what Ralph said

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.