Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 2nd post...

rdfxr

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 2nd post...

I guess the best way to learn is to keep shooting and look for suggestions. Awkward crop. C&C appreciated.

Nov 28, 2012 at 03:05 AM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #2 · 2nd post...

I think you said it: awkward crop

nice light, good exposure, technically it's on. but yeah the crop doesn't work. the first thing you do is look for the rest of her body. but you knew this

Nov 28, 2012 at 03:30 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · 2nd post...

Improve slightly with a crop of the dark area on our left. The green for sure, the shadows too, perhaps.

Nov 28, 2012 at 06:51 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #4 · 2nd post...

Nice light on her face.
The combination of the focal length, the shooting angle, and the crop though makes her look like a tiny person.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM
rdfxr

p.1 #5 · 2nd post...

Thanks. The crop/shooting angle, etc are far from optimal! That's what you get with trying to experiment with off camera flash, in your living room, with a subject (daughter) that is less than anxious about "helping" out. Oh, and the golden doodle that had to be cropped out of the frame, as she wouldn't stay out of the way.

My goals were to get insight on the exposure, lightening, etc. Truly a novice trying to learn. I appreciate the comments.

I did re-crop a bit. Still pretty miserable.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM
splay

p.1 #6 · 2nd post...

New crop is loads better.
Give yourself credit here.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Ed Porter
• •
p.1 #7 · 2nd post...

The first version was good, but the cropped version is excellent!! Very nice image!

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:59 PM
John-Tolentino
• •
p.1 #8 · 2nd post...

I think i'd prefer the strobe on camera left and have the light fall off to the camera right leaving her left leg a bit darker. That expression was meant to be captured up close. I'm no expert so you can take my word with a grain of salt.

You got a great model to practice on. happy shooting

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:33 AM
gempixel
• •
p.1 #9 · 2nd post...

I like the new crop loads better. Really nice picture you made!

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:07 PM
cmillc22
• • •
p.1 #10 · 2nd post...

new crop is much better, lighting is good. notice her pupils are very large from not enough light in the room before the exposure is taken. keep up the good work

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:40 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #11 · 2nd post...

rdfxr wrote:
My goals were to get insight on the exposure, lightening, etc. Truly a novice trying to learn. I appreciate the comments.

I did re-crop a bit. Still pretty miserable.

it's really only the knee, next time tell her to straighten up so you can leave the knee out of the shot !

Nov 30, 2012 at 06:41 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password