Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 6D with Sigma 35 and 85....

equestrianguy
• •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 6D with Sigma 35 and 85....

So I just sold my two D700 bodies and was about to buy the D800 when I started messing around with the 5D Mark III and was pleasantly surprised. I recall when I shot with Canon in the past I had a love affair with the 85 1.8 and the 135 2.0.

I was playing with the 24-70 Version 2 and was liking it a lot less the weight of the lens. I was thinking if I went this route I may just do the Sigma 35 and 85 with it to bring costs within budget and then add the 135 to make a fairly decent kit.

From my reading the 6D really only lacks a lot of AF points and we dont seem to have a lot of real world data on just how good that center point is except to say its greatly improved over the 5D Mark II. Just wondering how well it would work. I know a lot of pros used the 5D Mark II with no problem so I think the 6D would be even better or so I'd hope.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 6D with Sigma 35 and 85....

So the question is "How well will it work"?

They're not available yet here in Canada or the USA, so you'll have to wait a few weeks after they are released before you'll get some definitive answers.

But the preliminary reports we've heard from some people seem to indicate it will be a greatly desired and sought-after camera.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:47 PM
adrianb
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 6D with Sigma 35 and 85....

I think the 6D + new Sigma 35mm 1.4 + Sigma 85mm 1.4 would be a killer combo...

Surely ,not the fastest AF combo,but as far as IQ goes....it's pretty unbeatable for the asking price. (compared to 5D III + 35L + 85L )

Nov 29, 2012 at 06:09 AM
Beni
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 6D with Sigma 35 and 85....

Depends if the outer focus points work or not otherwise forget using the lenses wide open.

Nov 29, 2012 at 07:22 AM
adrianb
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 6D with Sigma 35 and 85....

Obviously the outer points will be shitte again...

But this didn't stop photographers taking exceptional photos with 5D & 5D II, even wide open.

The only problem ,when shooting wide open with a 35mm 1.4, is trying to focus & recompose at close focusing distances.... but you have live view if really calls for that...

Nov 29, 2012 at 09:31 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.