Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

Archive 2012 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Lurker X will also not be able to come, but Markus and I are still in, as is Jonas. I am losing track a bit of who is coming. Stefan? Anyone else?

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Ulff
• • •
p.3 #2 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Good to hear that you're recovering well, Philippe! We will miss you for sure, but there's always a next time, I hope!

@Jonas, Stefan & Carsten: I will probably go by train with the connection suggested by go2know and will arrive at Gesundbrunnen at about 8:55. Maybe we can meet there? Or do you have other plans? I'm also open to a meeting after the photo-session.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM
H.Lux
• •
p.3 #3 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Ulff wrote:
Good to hear that you're recovering well, Philippe! We will miss you for sure, but there's always a next time, I hope!

@Jonas, Stefan & Carsten: I will probably go by train with the connection suggested by go2know and will arrive at Gesundbrunnen at about 8:55. Maybe we can meet there? Or do you have other plans? I'm also open to a meeting after the photo-session.

+1

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

OK, I'll hopefully catch the same train you guys are talking about. Hmm, moment... I'm trying to navigate the site of the mighty Die Bahn: Berlin Alexanderplatz, dep Sa 07:21, arr Wandlitz 08:35 after not less but three changes. Is that really correct? Not a word about Gesundbrunnen 08:55. Somebody please get me on the right track!

I'm of course also open to a meeting after the session, at some warm place perhaps...

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:04 PM
H.Lux
• •
p.3 #5 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

If you take the U2, you don't pass Gesundbrunnen. You could either take the U8 or join us at another station, perhaps at Karow, which should be the last change. Or somebody comes from the east?

Jan 16, 2013 at 05:14 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.3 #6 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

I see. I guess I can take the S-bahn to Karow. At what time should I be there? I see there are trains departing Karow at 08:29 and 09:29. Is RB27 a train or a bus?

Jan 16, 2013 at 05:50 PM
H.Lux
• •
p.3 #7 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

RB27 is a train. As we meet at 10:00, 9:29 should be sufficient.

Stefan

Jan 16, 2013 at 06:24 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.3 #8 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Thank you Stefan.

So the tour starts at 10:00... I wasn't sure. I'll get aboard the train at Karow 9:29 then. I have never been at an arranged tour this size earlier. 30 participants? Hmm. Heh, let's hope for nice weather and a friendly meeting.

Jan 16, 2013 at 06:59 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #9 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Sorry for the lateness in answering here; I have access to a car and was wondering if I should use it, but in the end I think I prefer the train as well, so I will meet you guys somewhere along the line.

RB = Regional Bahn, and is a smaller, less serious train

So, the wisdom is S-Bahn to Karow? Where does the RB27 go through? It might be easier for me to catch that earlier...

Jan 18, 2013 at 09:05 AM
Ulff
• • •
p.3 #10 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

The RB actually starts in Karow, hence there's no way to catch it earlier.

I haven't decided yet which route I take, but I will arrive at 9:11 a.m. at Karow to have some time to buy tickets for the RB. I assume that we see each other there if not earlier on the route.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

H.Lux
• •
p.3 #11 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Doesn't a ticket BerlinABC bring you there?

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Ulff
• • •
p.3 #12 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Ah, that's right, Stefan, thanks for the info!

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #13 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Okay, so get to the S-Bahn, buy two ABC tickets (3,10 Euro I think), stamp one. Seems doable

So, we try to meet at Gesundbrunnen at 8:55? I will probably try to be there a bit earlier, to avoid being too late, maybe 8:45. Big station, where do we meet?

Where are you all coming from? I could meet someone earlier somewhere else. Jonas, if you take the U2 to Schoenhauser Allee, then we could take the S-Bahn together to Gesundbrunnen, for example.

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:23 PM
Ulff
• • •
p.3 #14 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

I would propose that we all try to take the S2 which departs at 8:58 at Gesundbrunnen to Karow and that we meet on the platform where it departs. Depending on the route I take (that depends on which S-Bahn arrives first) I will be either 5 minutes earlier at Gesundbrunnen or I am already in this S2 (coming from Südkreuz).

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:49 PM
H.Lux
• •
p.3 #15 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Ulff wrote:
I would propose that we all try to take the S2 which departs at 8:58 at Gesundbrunnen to Karow and that we meet on the platform where it departs. Depending on the route I take (that depends on which S-Bahn arrives first) I will be either 5 minutes earlier at Gesundbrunnen or I am already in this S2 (coming from Südkreuz).

Sounds reasonable to me.

Jan 18, 2013 at 02:01 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #16 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Okay, I'll shoot for that too. Jonas can read but not write at the moment, so I guess he will see this too. He SMSed me that he will meet us in Karow.

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
philber
• • • • •
p.3 #17 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Hâve fun, guys!

Jan 19, 2013 at 07:15 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.3 #18 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

It was a really nice day, thanks, if quite cold (partly alleviated by Glühwein). The location was merely good, not great, and I am not sure I would go back. It was neither decrepit enough, nor interesting enough, and I would guess I got maybe a bit more than 5 good shots, and maybe 2-3 great ones, if that.

The company was great though, and we had a good time. After the tour, we went to Brauhaus Lemke at Hackescher Markt and ate and drank until we were merry. Just got back around 11.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.3 #19 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Berlin is always Berlin and I had a nice time there, or a great time even. But, but, but...

above: ]FDJ-school, north-east of Berlin, Germany, Stefan, Carsten and Markus at Brauhaus Lemke

I think I took my best images during 2006 and 2007. In 2012 I got about five keepers. I have to realize it's time to give up. "There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept." Well, that's me obviously. After the photo session, when going back to Berlin I looked at a couple of the images I had taken. It confirmed the feeling I had while walking around shooting; I didn't really see a single image, I never got a feeling for the subject or for what I was doing. The images above are quickly processed, I omitted some some subjects I think you'll come to see here shortly. I mean, it was a great day and I have to show at least something.

I'm not sure why this have happened. Earlier I always had the feeling I learned things, learned to see more and I was happier, over the time, about showing my images. The last years it has been the opposite.

That's it for me. I'll put my gear up for sale and have a time off from all this.

A big thank you goes out to Stefan, Carsten and Markus. They spoke English all day long and it was simply great meeting a bunch so friendly and kind photogs. The images of them are posted by permission. Stefan and Markus were helpful with the snaps from the Brauhaus ("brewhous" - a pub making their own beer, friendly staff). Carsten was constantly talking and moving so he doesn't look as sharp as he actually is here.

It would have been fun if Philippe, Heinz and LurkerX could have joined the tour. My best wishes to you as well. If you have been thinking about joining any of the FM Alt Berlin meetings I think you should try to get the day free and participate next time! "Highly recommended".

later maybe, and of course my best to all who have helped out here during the years!

Jonas

Jan 23, 2013 at 08:36 PM
H.Lux
• •
p.3 #20 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

It's sad to hear that you have lost the impulse to photograph. It can't be forced, by letting go, maybe it comes back. You might need an impulse from another sort of art, maybe inspiring paintings in a museum will bring you back.

You're always welcome to join us on a tour.

Stefan

Jan 23, 2013 at 09:17 PM
1       2      
       4       5       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password