Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       5       end

Archive 2012 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

mortyb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

The first two are really nice. I think B&W suits them fine.

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Thanks, Morten! (Or is it Mårten? I got lost in all the Swedish/Norwegian discussions )

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:44 PM
mortyb
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Morten, Mårten or Mörten - whatever you prefer.

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:45 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Mörten!!!

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:57 PM
jotdeh
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Carsten the second one really works surprisingly well, didn't think so when we were standing there! And yes, the light was phenomenally flat, as exemplified in my second shot (tree trunk cutting frame). I will try some B&W on it when I'm back home.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Thanks, Johann. I think that is the 85P which made it work

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
jotdeh
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

I might skip the B&W and go straight for that lens then

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Good thinking! Maybe the Contax version, since that seems to turn your crank, although it is a bit different in the rendering. You might want to look at lots of samples before deciding. And wait around patiently for a good price, if choosing the ZE version. I got mine for 60% of new, in very good shape. I don't know if this is possible with the ZE, but it might be.

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM
H.Lux
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

carstenw wrote:
It runs 10-15, but it is outside of Berlin, I believe. I haven't received the instruction email yet, so I am not sure where. I will try to find out...

Stefan, yes, German people should book their own (unless there is some particular reason you can't, then I can do it) Note that you can opt to pay cash on location.

The FDJ-school-tickets seem to sell well, the events before and after our meeting are fully booked, thus who still hasn't should buy a ticket now.

Jan 04, 2013 at 10:32 AM
rsolti13
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Carsten, just now getting around to seeing this but #2 on the prior page is an excellent shot. Very nicely done! Was that a stitch or just a single shot?

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

helimat
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

rsolti13 wrote:
Carsten, just now getting around to seeing this but #2 on the prior page is an excellent shot. Very nicely done! Was that a stitch or just a single shot?

+1. That has some serious pop. Not surprised to see it was taken with the 85 Planar!

carstenw wrote:
Good thinking! Maybe the Contax version, since that seems to turn your crank, although it is a bit different in the rendering. You might want to look at lots of samples before deciding. And wait around patiently for a good price, if choosing the ZE version. I got mine for 60% of new, in very good shape. I don't know if this is possible with the ZE, but it might be.

+1 for the Contax. I have had both, and ended up keeping the Contax... Focus shift is less of an issue, and it's cheaper.

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:45 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

H.Lux wrote:
The FDJ-school-tickets seem to sell well, the events before and after our meeting are fully booked, thus who still hasn't should buy a ticket now.

Ooh, good point! Is there anyone who wants to come who doesn't yet have a ticket? Jonas, I have you booked. Philippe, what about you and your brother?

Jan 04, 2013 at 07:19 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Thanks, Ryan and Mat! It is just a single shot with the ZF.2 85/1.4 Planar.

Jan 04, 2013 at 07:20 PM
philber
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Guys, following unplanned surgery, I don't know if I will be allowed to fly by Jan 19th, so I am unsure whether I can make it. Have fun!

Jan 04, 2013 at 08:34 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Ouch, well, good luck, and I hope we see you another time soon.

Jan 04, 2013 at 08:39 PM
H.Lux
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Good luck, Philippe.

Edited on Jan 04, 2013 at 09:12 PM · View previous versions

Jan 04, 2013 at 08:49 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

carstenw wrote:
(...)
Ooh, good point! Is there anyone who wants to come who doesn't yet have a ticket? Jonas, I have you booked. Philippe, what about you and your brother?

Oh I trusted you Carsten, enough to having booked the flight and hotel. Thank you!

philber wrote:
Guys, following unplanned surgery, I don't know if I will be allowed to fly by Jan 19th, so I am unsure whether I can make it. Have fun!

Aj. I'm sorry to hear that but let's hope you recover fully for future fun instead. Best wishes!

Jan 04, 2013 at 09:03 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

We are getting closer.
But, where and when? Maybe I missed it but I didn't see what time we are supposed to meet Saturday, and what is a good meeting spot? Alexanderplatz (mentioned by go2know as a starting point if going by public transportation)? And are there other suggestions for the weekend?

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:06 PM
philber
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

That's it, guys. I am doing better, but not well enough to be out and about for hours. Have fun, and dazzle us with your pics. When we meet next time, drinks are on me...

Jan 15, 2013 at 06:23 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · FM Berlin Photo Meet II

Ah, I was hoping you would be able to make it. Next time then Philippe, and I'm looking forward to it!

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:55 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password