Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

From my favorite Vlogger of all time!

Unboxing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLKxE_Fd5f8

Teardown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpthsGaMxYA

Rooting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=419O5MOUU9g

And some general news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RtphyFu6B_I#t=331s

More Coming Soon:

Edited on Dec 05, 2012 at 02:22 PM · View previous versions

Nov 26, 2012 at 09:01 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

"Coming Soon:"?

Nov 26, 2012 at 09:10 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

Yeah he said it was going to be a four part video. So those are the first three parts with the fourth "coming soon".

Nov 26, 2012 at 09:14 AM
deadwolfbones
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

We've had this guy in the office for the past week or so. It's a pretty fun camera with average image quality. Battery life is so-so (as you'd expect). But having a 4G connection and being able to instantly upload everything to the cloud is pretty revolutionary.

Nov 28, 2012 at 02:58 PM
Exdsc
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

deadwolfbones wrote:
But having a 4G connection and being able to instantly upload everything to the cloud is pretty revolutionary.

Samsung and revolutionary are mutually exclusive words.

Nov 28, 2012 at 06:09 PM
Beni
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

Exdsc wrote:

Unlike Apple right?

Nov 28, 2012 at 06:48 PM
deadwolfbones
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

Let's not bring that crap into this thread, thanks.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

I cuould hardly breathe when he cut those factory seals 8-)

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Exdsc
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

deadwolfbones wrote:

Samsung is crap and so is its lame shills on the interweb.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

Exdsc wrote:

Really?

Samsung NX10 - first APS-C mirrorless
Samsung 85mm f1.4 - first and still only native mirrorless portrait lens that long and that fast (which is sad)

These guys invented most of stuff thats used in pretty much every cellphone today. I think without them "smartphones" would be much different, or not existing in today sense at all.

And along with Canon, Sony and Panasonic are only ones which can create and actually fab own sensors. Plus they do that for quite a long time (pretty much since Pentax started with dSLRs, lots of Pentax dSLR tech is actually Samsung tech).

Not sure I would say "revolutionary" about this particular piece, but its quite interesting. So is Nokia N808 (which I think really was revolutionary, but probably end forgotten). And its nice that someone is trying something different. Samsung is usually overlooked cause they have really bad marketing department, if they have some at all.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

deadwolfbones
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

Exdsc wrote:
Samsung is crap and so is its lame shills on the interweb.

Fascinating.

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM
AhamB
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

deadwolfbones wrote:

+1000

Nov 29, 2012 at 01:01 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

And with very little effort, Bif manages to stir the pot yet again. Will it die or will it go for 13+ pages?

Nov 29, 2012 at 01:11 AM
deadwolfbones
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Samsung-Galaxy-Camera-EK-GC100-Review/Conclusion.htm

Dec 01, 2012 at 03:11 AM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

deadwolfbones wrote:

AhamB wrote:
+1000

freaklikeme wrote:
And with very little effort, Bif manages to stir the pot yet again. Will it die or will it go for 13+ pages?

Nah, it's not like that. It's just another compact super-zoom camera with the interesting feature/idea of running on Android and having 4G net built-in. I guess the 4.77" screen is nice too.

And if folks feel the need to bag on Samsung or Apple then why not? Many aspects of both companies are pretty sucky... Why shouldn't we point those areas out?

So far I've had six (green) hard drives and two (TN) 24" monitors from Samsung that were all pretty shite! On the other hand my Galaxy Note, Galaxy S3 (and soon a Galaxy Note II) are Samsung products and they're pretty great compared to the competition - even including the new iPhone. But that's all I know about Samsung really... Other than that they're a massive conglomerate with their hands in VERY many pies - Kinda like a Korean Philips or something. Philips was the same way too... Many very crappy products and many very good ones. Of the "good ones" for Samsung I would think this camera and their phones categorize. <shrug> The specs look kinda nice although yet again the MSRP is too high - as has been the trend over all manufactures producing consumer/prosumer grade cameras in recent years. Maybe I'm just too old? :P

It also seems to be a fairly well thought out "system" for a compact: http://9to5google.com/2012/08/31/samsung-shows-off-galaxy-camera-accessories-at-ifa-lenses-cases-a-wireless-charging-concept/#jp-carousel-52814 That's a good-on-Samgung point of interest IMO.

I think it's not too ugly either - for a compact I mean.

Dec 01, 2012 at 05:20 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

Bif ... is this one better suited for the GF as a P&S or you as a travel cam ... or serves as both?

Dec 01, 2012 at 01:39 PM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

Wow, I never thought I'd see a camera that has EVERYTHING I hate and NOTHING I'm interested in

Incredible, well done samsung

I still love my galaxy note though.

Dec 01, 2012 at 02:13 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

Rusty,

I have absolutely no idea. I've never even seen one (yet). Well, just the on-line images...

I guess it belongs in the top 3 or so compacts - so just whatever people use compacts for.

That you can web browse with the thing means it would be ideal for stuff like travel (where you can search photo opportunities/locations) or recording specimens in the field (where you can look up slash identify the flora/critter you're looking at as you shoot) or other stuff where net price and item searches and postings relate to the kind of photography one is doing.

That the XDA guys rooted the thing means you can do stuff like play PlayStation games on it and of course connect a KB and mouse to operate it in that way. You could say, do the kind of live control shooting Canon offers (for their DSLRs) over your WiFi connection. Also there's basically an unlimited number of FX one can apply either in real-time or in PP right on the camera. And finally if you don't like the control interface (GUI & Menus) just change it for another. Also since it spits 1080p out the mini-HDMI port the slide show FX one could put together are basically unlimited - like 3D carousel and etc..

If it has a mic you could use it to make skype video calls.

Dec 01, 2012 at 02:22 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Galaxy Camera Unboxing+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RtphyFu6B_I#t=330s

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/unbrickable-sd-released-for-the-samsung-galaxy-camera/

Dec 05, 2012 at 02:17 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password