Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

gpchase wrote:
Please provide you feedback !

I am so positive I will love it, I would have bought the Feisol but to late by the time I heard back from them to late,. I am excited to try this out if I don't like it I can return

Nov 28, 2012 at 04:56 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

And will you look at that, the US distributor is about 10 miles from my house.

Nov 28, 2012 at 05:28 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Features:

The SIRUI N-2204 Tripod is a sensible choice that consists of a good balance of quality, functionality and price. It is an 8X carbon fiber 4 section tripod that features a detachable monopod leg in which you can simply unscrew from the rest of the tripod, and assemble with the provided accessories kit into a functional, regular-sized monopod. It also comes with an extra short center column that is easily interchangeable with the principal center column, and allows for low-height shooting, especially for those who love doing macro. There are three adjustment angles available for the legs and each consists of an automatic lock mechanism. Weighing merely 1.3 kg (2.8 lbs), and folded up as 18 inches, with a loading capacity of 15 kg (33 lbs), this tripod will make an excellent companion no matter where it is taken to, be it in a studio or when you’re traveling outdoors.

The N-2204 is ideal for use with 35mm and medium-format photographic cameras, DSLRs, and digital or conventional type video camcorders. The recommended ball heads are SIRUI G-20, K-20, K-20X, K-30, and K-30X.

Light-weight 4-section 8X carbon fiber tripod

Detachable regular-sized monopod with separate mounting plate and hand strap

Max loading capacity: 33 lb; weight: 2.86 lb

Folded length: 18.1 in; min height (80° Leg Angle): 6.7 in

Max height (23° Leg Angle): with column extended 64.9 in; with column retracted: 54.7 in

Max leg diameter: 1.10 in; min leg diameter: 0.76 in

Head mount thread: 1/4"-20; base mount thread: 3/8"-16

Short center column allows the tripod to reach extremely low positions

Silicon twist locks

Leg warmer on the monopod leg which facilitates handling in extreme weather conditions and help to protect the legs

Three leg-angle settings (23, 52 & 80°)

Minimized diameter difference between each section for greater stability

Retractable stainless steel spikes at the bottom of each leg

Center column hook

Sturdy shoulder strap for carrying

Well-designed padded traveling bag

6-year warranty against manufacturing defects

Forging Technology
Instead of using the traditional casting processes that is typical of construction in the tripod industry, SIRUI is the pioneer to adopt the technology of forging, which can produce a piece that is stronger than an equivalent cast or machined part as the organizational structure of the metal is more welded and compacted together. In addition, forging enhances the integrity of metal grains so that they remain consistent and continuous, which allows for a longer lifetime as well as better performance that is unrivalled by that which is created by casting.

Anodic Surface Treatment
Anodizing surface treatment, produced by an electrolytic oxidation process to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts, is applied to increase corrosion and wear resistance, surface hardness, and enhance color durability.

Nov 28, 2012 at 05:31 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

its full of features I give you that. enjoy.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

gpchase wrote:
I have never used that mono option but I did also buy their mono..6 segment...again very good !
Their carbon fiber appears very well made...I believe they manufacture it themselves.

It's pretty darn good stuff all around..

I don't have Fiesol so cannot comment but do have RRS and Gitzo..one I purchased used with other gear and one was an Xmas gift (slight hint was thrown out there) so I can give an unbiased opinion and the Sirui stands as a great value.

I have been looking at the monopod and it looks great also can't wait for the tri to get here on Friday I am sure I will love it. The heaviest lens I have is the 70-200 2.8 IS MKII so I am sure it will fit my needs. I really bought it for the 400 5.6 though

Nov 29, 2012 at 02:31 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Well today I got a Sirui ballhead I paid $99 for and it's awesome if anyone wants a bargain buy this head. Now seeing the quality of this head I can't wait till tomorrow when the tripod shows up

Nov 30, 2012 at 03:37 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Looks nice: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOevriaMTxQ

Nov 30, 2012 at 07:18 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Just got home and the tripod is here I think I will be very happy. I think it's very well made looks good and seems very sturdy. Comes with a great bag I believe it will suite my needs very well

Dec 01, 2012 at 01:07 AM
gpchase
• • •
p.2 #9 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Yup..mine has served me well also..

Dec 01, 2012 at 01:10 AM
godfather
• • •
p.2 #10 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

So is the going rate for this tripod $400?

Just wondering because I see a lot of bashing between owners for buying cheap pods...400 is not cheap. Asking because i've been active over the last month but not really for the rest of the year (out of the loop).

Dec 01, 2012 at 01:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sjms
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

charging $400 doesn't make them great either. the US $ just doesn't buy what it used to these days. just leave for a bit and you'll see. the economies are going through an "adjustment" and its not looking like anyone is going to come out winners except for a select few. and we ain't one of them.

Dec 01, 2012 at 02:15 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

sjms wrote:
charging $400 doesn't make them great either. the US $ just doesn't buy what it used to these days. just leave for a bit and you'll see. the economies are going through an "adjustment" and its not looking like anyone is going to come out winners except for a select few. and we ain't one of them.

I didn't want to pay $400 for a tripod but I took a chance on this one and what I am seeing I like a lot. So I am hoping it was $400 well spent I sure didn't want to pay the price a Gitzo which I have owned in the past and this tri is damn close to it. But time will tell I am happy it will do me well I am sure and a 6 year warranty is pretty darn good.

Speaking of a Gitzo a couple years ago I had a an aluminum tripod cost a ton and it broke within a month so you are right about the cost does not make it a great one

Dec 01, 2012 at 02:54 AM
Vince Gagnier

p.2 #13 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

I have the M3204 and K20X head . It's a great combo . Ive had it about a year with no problems at all . I would recomend this to all my friends .

Dec 02, 2012 at 08:46 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #14 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

I bought mine at Canoga camera they did not have the 3204 if they had it I am sure I would have gone with it. But I am very pleased with the tripod

Dec 02, 2012 at 11:00 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Today I got to get out and use this tripod I am very impressed. I like most everything about it the light weight, sturdy. compact, the leg locks, IMO they have done a great job designing this tripod.

Dec 03, 2012 at 02:50 AM
tranathi

p.2 #16 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

I bought this Sirui N2204 tripod as a kit with the K-20X ballhead for $428 from eBay. I've been using it for over a month and so far I'm very impressed with its quality. The ballhead is smooth as butter for panning, and has great adjustability for different angles.

Dec 03, 2012 at 07:40 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

tranathi wrote:
I bought this Sirui N2204 tripod as a kit with the K-20X ballhead for $428 from eBay. I've been using it for over a month and so far I'm very impressed with its quality. The ballhead is smooth as butter for panning, and has great adjustability for different angles.

Wow that's a great buy basically you got the head for $20

Dec 04, 2012 at 04:27 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #18 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

gpchase wrote:
I have never used that mono option but I did also buy their mono..6 segment...again very good !
Their carbon fiber appears very well made...I believe they manufacture it themselves.

It's pretty darn good stuff all around..

I don't have Fiesol so cannot comment but do have RRS and Gitzo..one I purchased used with other gear and one was an Xmas gift (slight hint was thrown out there) so I can give an unbiased opinion and the Sirui stands as a great value.

I have done the same didn't want to deal with the monopod leg so today I ordered the CF monopod and had no worries about it as I love this tripod and I am sure the mono will be as awesome

Dec 07, 2012 at 01:55 AM
gpchase
• • •
p.2 #19 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Yes I also have the monopod and its a nice piece...you get a wrist loop and even a small compass on a carbiner

Dec 07, 2012 at 02:10 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.2 #20 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

gpchase wrote:
Yes I also have the monopod and its a nice piece...you get a wrist loop and even a small compass on a carbiner

Got the monopod today it's a great little pod, light weight, folds down to around 14" and it's really sturdy when extended

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password