p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Anyone looked at this tripod? seems pretty darn good

Edited on Nov 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM · View previous versions

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM
dcains
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

What about resale value? I say that as an FM friend And, that monopod feature is a joke.

Perhaps look at a Feisol/PhotoClam from reallybigcameras.com?

Nov 26, 2012 at 01:37 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Good point I am also looking at feisol

Nov 26, 2012 at 04:09 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

you are starting to look like you're chasing your tail. why don't you just list all the tripods you are looking into all at once. then seriously look into them and find which ones are actually real similar and work from there in disposing the chaff (which there is an abundance of) from the wheat (as I commented before, not so much).
the basic reality is that for the most part many of them (due to origin) are so very similar in build to each other that the real differences are just the "look" and name (interesting as they can be).

Nov 26, 2012 at 06:42 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Yup I am chasing my tail big time so many if's

Nov 26, 2012 at 08:50 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

dcains wrote:
What about resale value? I say that as an FM friend And, that monopod feature is a joke.

Perhaps look at a Feisol/PhotoClam from reallybigcameras.com?

Seen a couple reviews on this tripod and the people are very happy. But I would always worry about that monopod leg seems like it could become a weak point

Oh yeah I have sent an email to reallybigcameras and haven't received a reply and when I bought a head from him a couple years ago he was on the spot with replies

Nov 26, 2012 at 08:51 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

sjms wrote:
you are starting to look like you're chasing your tail. why don't you just list all the tripods you are looking into all at once. then seriously look into them and find which ones are actually real similar and work from there in disposing the chaff (which there is an abundance of) from the wheat (as I commented before, not so much).
the basic reality is that for the most part many of them (due to origin) are so very similar in build to each other that the real differences are just the "look" and name (interesting as they can be).

+1

EBH

Nov 26, 2012 at 09:23 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

tanglefoot47 wrote:
Seen a couple reviews on this tripod and the people are very happy. But I would always worry about that monopod leg seems like it could become a weak point

Oh yeah I have sent an email to reallybigcameras and haven't received a reply and when I bought a head from him a couple years ago he was on the spot with replies

if you get nothing from him just go to: http://www.feisol.net/index.php

as to reviews: remember the Yugo? I know people who actually collected them. things to wonder about people.

Nov 26, 2012 at 09:52 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

sjms wrote:
if you get nothing from him just go to: http://www.feisol.net/index.php

I sent an email tonight to them but it was after hours. I really like the really big as I have had great luck with them and he is a State just below me so I get fast shipping

Nov 26, 2012 at 09:54 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

just an option

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

sjms wrote:
just an option

And a great one I might add also B&H and Adorama sell them

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

yeah I forgot they finally broke out into actual stores. you will note that Feisol doesn't quite look like the rest of the pack.

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

sjms wrote:
yeah I forgot they finally broke out into actual stores. you will note that Feisol doesn't quite look like the rest of the pack.

Very true is this bad but the 3301 is pretty much like a lot of the rest

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM
gpchase
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

I have one (one of three cf tripods I have) and it is a great piece. Well made and for the price an excellent buy.
I wouldn't class it with the big guys for the heavy duty use but at a fraction of the cost it fits very well for an entry level piece.
It has very good machining tolerances and the legs attach to the hardware with countersunk pressed pins.
It supports my 500 with Jobu just fine.
I would not hesitate to purchase again.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

gpchase wrote:
I have one (one of three cf tripods I have) and it is a great piece. Well made and for the price an excellent buy.
I wouldn't class it with the big guys for the heavy duty use but at a fraction of the cost it fits very well for an entry level piece.
It has very good machining tolerances and the legs attach to the hardware with countersunk pressed pins.
It supports my 500 with Jobu just fine.
I would not hesitate to purchase again.

This is what I wanted to hear but I wonder about that monopod leg do you see any problem with it? I heard this tripod was 6 years in the making. I also don't have a 500 my gear is much lighter. I wonder how it stacks up with the Fiesol? if you have one of them? I know the Gitzo is the tripod to have but oh that price

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM
gpchase
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

I have never used that mono option but I did also buy their mono..6 segment...again very good !
Their carbon fiber appears very well made...I believe they manufacture it themselves.

It's pretty darn good stuff all around..

I don't have Fiesol so cannot comment but do have RRS and Gitzo..one I purchased used with other gear and one was an Xmas gift (slight hint was thrown out there) so I can give an unbiased opinion and the Sirui stands as a great value.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

gpchase wrote:
I have never used that mono option but I did also buy their mono..6 segment...again very good !
Their carbon fiber appears very well made...I believe they manufacture it themselves.

It's pretty darn good stuff all around..

I don't have Fiesol so cannot comment but do have RRS and Gitzo..one I purchased used with other gear and one was an Xmas gift (slight hint was thrown out there) so I can give an unbiased opinion and the Sirui stands as a great value.

Yup the Gitzo is the Cadillac of tripods but oh man the cost

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

tanglefoot47 wrote:
Very true is this bad but the 3301 is pretty much like a lot of the rest

actually no. it means there was some design and thought but into some of there stuff. their elite tripods use considerably higher quality parts with better design. I have the monopod and it is outstanding. I had their original 3371 tripod for awhile too.

the 3301 is pretty much their lowest end. they have so much better to offer. they are also a product of the other "China". they also have their share of more conceptual products.

Nov 27, 2012 at 06:39 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

After doing a ton of research and have not found one owner who doesn't like this tripod I bought the Sirui N2204. Yes I know know the monopod is a joke but I didn't buy it for that. I will find out soon if I made a mistake but I really don't think so. This baby also come with a 6 year warranty better than most. I feel it will suite my needs very well

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM
gpchase
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Sirui N2204 CF tripod

Please provide your feedback !

Edited on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:58 PM · View previous versions

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:54 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.