Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Toronto Street @ Night

kixsand

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Toronto Street @ Night

Took these two nights ago on a nice Toronto evening.

Thanks for looking!

Fujifilm X100 ~ ISO 2000 ~ F4 ~ 1/60th

Fujifilm X100 ~ ISO 2000 ~ F4 ~ 1/60th

Fujifilm X100 ~ ISO 2500 ~ F8 ~ 1/30th

Nov 25, 2012 at 05:48 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Toronto Street @ Night

I think these'll probably work better as a series than as stand-alone images, although I do like the first all by itself. And the series should be good.
2000+ ISO? Wow, the need for that really surprises me since you exposed for the lighted parts of the scenes.
Charlie.

Nov 25, 2012 at 09:56 PM
kixsand

p.1 #3 · Toronto Street @ Night

I'm not sure that I get your point about ISO2000 being needed - it was dark out - it is what it is. I was hand holding.

On the last one I didn't need to be at F8 but that was my quickest path to the shutter speed that I wanted - 1/30th. To reduce ISO I would have had to go menu diving and I would have missed my shot by the time I got the ISO adjusted. I could have achieved the same shot with about ISO 600 if I'd been on my toes.

ISO 2000 doesn't really scare me on the Fuji...cleans up nice. I'm happy with the look of these...for hand holding in the dark...more than good enough for this type of shot.

Thank you for the comments though, I appreciate getting the chance to think about my approach to these.

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Toronto Street @ Night

Your exposures are right on, so what you did was right.
I'm just saying as a long-time slide film user the number 2,000 for an ISO setting surprises me.
I'd automatically assumed the well-lit interiors of the buildings wouldn't need such a high ISO.
That fujifilm (negative film, I presume) can handle such a high number is testimonial to great progress on their part.
Not too long ago we would be stretching things using 1600 ISO- with B&W Tri-X film .
Charlie

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM
kixsand

p.1 #5 · Toronto Street @ Night

I have no first hand knowledge of shooting with film but I suspect that there may be a little more lattitude available in the processing stage? That and grain didn't have the same sort of stigma as noise!

Thanks again!

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:13 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password