New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Ball Pit

mmoe316

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ball Pit

This is my first photo post here. I am hoping to get some constructive feedback and see if I am on the right path.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8202/8197251293_999fc1d290_b.jpg

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ball Pit

Howdy,

Since this is your first post here, welcome to posting here.

I see your photo post has had 150+ views and no comments from viewers.

I know that can be disappointing and often discourages people from posting/participating in a forum like this.

So, I will post a comment or two and maybe that will get others to contribute their views too.

First...my standard intro to anyone "new" to me on this forum...
My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

You asked whether you are "on the right path."

I think it depends on what path you want to take.

So, I suggest explaining a bit about what you want to do/learn/show/etc. In short, what is your goal or intent?

I think it is important to state that, whether it is for this image alone or others.

For example, if your goal for this photo was to show a child having fun in a ball pit (a common goal in this type of scene), then I think this image does not show that or fails to show that (or fails to reach that goal).

This image, gives me more the impression of "unhappy."

If your goal was to show how colorful his eyes are, I would not have picked the ball pit for a background.

I hope these comments help you.

Nov 25, 2012 at 08:12 AM
HawksFan66
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ball Pit

+1 to what Steady said. Also, it appears to me the eyes aren't in focus while the hair on the forehead is. Technically, the rest looks good. Good color and white balance.

Keep shooting!

Nov 25, 2012 at 09:01 AM
mmoe316

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ball Pit

Thanks for the advice. My friends dad isn't much of a smile'r and so I think he takes after him.

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.