Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Guacamaya

Lluis Barcelo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Guacamaya

Hi, first post!
looking for feedback to improve technique, composition and good taste.

First one, a nice guacamaya that loves being photographed.

Thanks!

Edited on Nov 25, 2012 at 08:26 PM · View previous versions

Nov 24, 2012 at 08:45 PM
gneto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Guacamaya

Hi Lluis,

I believe it's best to embed your picture in your post, so we don't have to open yet another browser window to see it. Check the following link on how to get the BBCode link for your image from Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157629981727356/

Just paste the "img" part from the BBCode generated by Flickr and your image should be embedded in the forum post.

As for your image, it feels a little underexposed to me, but we should wait for the real forum experts and hear their opinion - I'm new to this forum just like you

Nov 24, 2012 at 09:24 PM
Lluis Barcelo

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Guacamaya

Thanks a lot gneto, finally I made it work.

About your comment, how much underexposed you think it is? 1/2 stop maybe?
By the way, the subject was totally in shadow.

Lluis

Nov 25, 2012 at 08:28 PM
gneto
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Guacamaya

Can't really tell, specially with my uncalibrated monitor - it might not even be underexposed.

This Guacamaya you photographed, is it a captive animal? It's a beautiful bird.

Nov 25, 2012 at 08:36 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Guacamaya

Very nice, looks well exposed to me, and I love the red feather detail. It might be ever so slightly over sharpened. Slight halo on beak and a sort of gritty look. Sometimes this is just web stuff.

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Guacamaya

I'm suggest bumping the exposure and gamma in photoshop and dodging the highlights around the eye:

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Lluis Barcelo

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Guacamaya

gneto:
I have a crappy monitor, so I don't really know if it looks good or no to everyone.
she lives in a park with 2 more guys (or girls), but she's free to fly anywhere she wants. Anyway, it's not a wild specimen from the rainforest.

ben egbert:
thank you Ben, I can't really notice what you say due to my fantastic monitor.

AuntiPode:
so nice to take time to adjust my work. Your version looks better, the only thing that catches my eye are top green freathers, look a bit too sharp compared with the rest. Thanks a lot.

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Guacamaya

One of the advantages of illustrating a suggestion is you can accept as much or as little as you wish, to suit yourself, or in this case, to localize the suggestion/s to taste.

Nov 26, 2012 at 04:05 AM
Lluis Barcelo

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Guacamaya

AuntiPode wrote:
One of the advantages of illustrating a suggestion is you can accept as much or as little as you wish, to suit yourself, or in this case, to localize the suggestion/s to taste.

I totally agree with you.

I live off post-processing images, so I canīt reject them nor ignore the benefits, but as a beginner photographer, I try to get the most out of my picture and not rely on heavy post-processing, just to improve my skills.
For this I basically use Photivo to develop my raw pictures, which at this moment doesnīt allow to work with masks, and I only use Gimp for stamping my signature.

But I see most of you guys use Photoshop or Gimp at full power, and how sometimes it can make a huge difference.

Thanks for all the help

Nov 26, 2012 at 05:13 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password