Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lighting kit help needed

PIOK

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lighting kit help needed

Hi guys, need some help with my first lighting kit choice.
I believe i will shoot school seniors on may. I think is gonna be like 300 of them. I have few nikon flashes, but i need some advice for get a lighting kit. I need a good one , i mean not the cheapest on market. But also can' t buy expensive stuff.
I dont know to much about strobes. So i take a look on this and want to know if this is good enough, or maybe there is much more options at better price , or maybe even better equipment than this?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/602686-REG/Elinchrom_EL_20753KIT_BXRi_250_250_To_Go_2.html

What do you think about it, and if you can tell me, is somethiong at better price and good . i'll
happy
Thank You

Nov 23, 2012 at 03:09 PM
PeterBerressem
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lighting kit help needed

Your profile says that you are in Poland. So, I suggest to check the offers from Quantuum, as their prices will be much lower than importing from the US: www.quantuum.pl/?lang=pl&
Look at the R+ series.
In case that you are from Monterrey / Mexico, scratch the above....

Nov 23, 2012 at 05:39 PM
PIOK

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lighting kit help needed

currently in mexico ( ordering to us )

Nov 23, 2012 at 06:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ether1
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lighting kit help needed

PIOK wrote:
currently in mexico ( ordering to us )

Not sure if you simply having somebody else in the US ship it to you later or if you actually will be in the US and especially in the NJ/NYC area.

If so then you'd have a great opportunity to try some of the equipment.
B&H is an awesom store with a great return policy....of course if you are not local this makes the whole thing complicated as the shipping fees may be too high.

As for lights...lot of people here rave about Paul C Buff units; either AlienBees or Einsteins

Nov 24, 2012 at 01:05 AM
TTee

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lighting kit help needed

Regarding the Elinchrom's themselves, they are awesome. I have the 500/250 kit which I enjoy. The 500 works great outdoors.

Nov 24, 2012 at 01:32 AM
JTS1
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lighting kit help needed

I use Hensel lights which are currently on sales at B&H :

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/423653-REG/Hensel_7338815SW_Integra_Pro_Plus_Super.html

I bought two sets over two years from B&H and could not be happier. They are built like tanks and include the wireless connections (no need for additional equipment such as Radio Poopers). They are extremely popular in Europe and you should take a look at these. You won't need to upgrade after and these lights will last many years.

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:04 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password