Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

What do you guys use for a case for these? I'm sure there are a zillion containers that fit but maybe someone can recommend something?

Nov 22, 2012 at 01:39 PM
Strobo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

jzucker wrote:
What do you guys use for a case for these? I'm sure there are a zillion containers that fit but maybe someone can recommend something?

Check out some of the Pelican micro series hard cases. They're great if you do a lot of location work. They also come in bright colours making it less likely they'll be misplaced or left behind.

Nov 22, 2012 at 07:06 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

not looking for cases for the lights. Just tiny little cases for the slaves. I can always use an altoids box or something along those lines...

Nov 22, 2012 at 07:46 PM
Strobo
• •
p.1 #4 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

jzucker wrote:
not looking for cases for the lights. Just tiny little cases for the slaves. I can always use an altoids box or something along those lines...

I doubt you could fit a strobe in one of the Pelican micro cases unless you do a "will it blend" on it first. The micro cases are actually quite small - about the right size for carrying a few radio slaves around. And guess what? That's exactly what I use my micro case for.

I'm trying to be helpful here in offering you a practical solution. If you're going to dismiss my comment without following up on my suggestion then I'm just wasting my time with you.

Nov 22, 2012 at 08:06 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #5 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

Strobo wrote:
I doubt you could fit a strobe in one of the Pelican micro cases unless you do a "will it blend" on it first. The micro cases are actually quite small - about the right size for carrying a few radio slaves around. And guess what? That's exactly what I use my micro case for.

I'm trying to be helpful here in offering you a practical solution. If you're going to dismiss my comment without following up on my suggestion then I'm just wasting my time with you.

If I misunderstood your posting it was an innocent mistake.

Nov 22, 2012 at 08:22 PM
no_surrender
• • •
p.1 #6 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

I use a Pelican micro case 1020 for mine. I had it before I got the lights, but I can fit the cyber commander plus 3 slaves w/ foam and 2 batteries for the CC. Kind of a tight fit, I was actually thinking of getting a different one (colored w/ clear lid)...maybe a 1060 perhaps? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/257889-REG/Pelican_1060_026_100_1060_Clear_Micro_Case.html

Nov 23, 2012 at 05:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #7 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

i ended up buying the pelican 1010 case (thanks strobo and sorry for the initial dismissal). Hopefully i can fit everything I need in it. If not, I can carry the commander in my camera bag. Still wondering if it can replace my sekonic 358?...

Nov 23, 2012 at 02:03 PM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #8 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

Yup. Pelican micro cases work perfectly to hold/protect the Buff Cybersync CSXCV transceiver and transmitter CSRB+

ken

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

I pack my slaves with their lights, because I only use slaves with the lights.

I'm not using the Einstein and its slaves, but if I did, I'd put Velcro on the slaves and the flash unit. When packing, I'd pull the slave out of the socket, slap it on the Velcro spot on the flash, and slide the unit into a flash bag/case.

I would not put the slaves in a separate case. Might forget it.

Nov 26, 2012 at 04:40 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #10 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

that's not a bad idea (velcro) except the pins are exposed on the einstein slaves so they're very likely to get bent

Nov 26, 2012 at 05:55 PM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

jzucker wrote:
that's not a bad idea (velcro) except the pins are exposed on the einstein slaves so they're very likely to get bent

Not when you put the whole light unit in a protective case.

But Pocketwizard has caps for Buff slaves...I wonder if it's possible to somehow get them separately.

Nov 26, 2012 at 06:44 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #12 · case for CSXCV units? (Buff Einstein slaves)

RDKirk wrote:
Not when you put the whole light unit in a protective case.

But Pocketwizard has caps for Buff slaves...I wonder if it's possible to somehow get them separately.

I know some folks use a binder clip as a cap. I'm sure I could rig something up.

However, I use the buff soft cases in a suitcase so I'd want some type of hard case for the slaves if I were to keep them with the light. Currently, I keep my transcievers in my camera bag so I'm not really worried about forgetting them. At any rate, I ordered the pelican 1010 case so assuming everything fits, I should be good. Thanks for the rec.

Nov 26, 2012 at 06:59 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password