Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · CS6 and NIK software

jpeter
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · CS6 and NIK software

I recently upgraded to cs6, only to find out that Nik colorefex and Silverefx won't work. they want 100$ to upgrade for each program. Any way to use these programs directly. Also I cant get cs4 and cs6 to coexist and have cs4 to work properly.

Any cheaper way to do this ?

I really like silverefx, but The nik add on is just not worth the same as the cs6 upgrade.

JP

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM
lifthard2001
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · CS6 and NIK software

Have you tried running CS6 in 32 and see it they work.

Nov 22, 2012 at 01:39 PM
jpeter
• •
p.1 #3 · CS6 and NIK software

Did I say that I really hate computer upgrades ....

So eventually I figured out that CS6 wasn't working right, possibly due to me installing and uninstalling cs4. Adjustments would only set up an adjustment layer, not allow an actual adjustment. So this morning I uninstall CS6 and CS4, reinstall cs4, all updates and raw updates. and I think I am on my way. Next I can put in all my NIK products.

Is there any feature in CS6 that I would miss ?? I am inclined not to even use it. The HDR seemed updated, but I still didn't like the result.

Jay

Nov 23, 2012 at 01:36 PM
gwaww
• •
p.1 #4 · CS6 and NIK software

When I installed CS6 on my new 64 bit computer, both a 32 and 64 bit version installed separately and all my old plug-ins including Nik worked fine in the 32 bit version. And yes the update is worth it, especially over CS4.

Nov 23, 2012 at 01:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jpeter
• •
p.1 #5 · CS6 and NIK software

gwaww, did you get the original silver efex pro to work in cs6 ? how about color efex pro? It is not supported per the Nik website.

Is the a noticeable speed/performance difference between 64 and 32 bit ?

thx jay

Nov 23, 2012 at 01:57 PM
gwaww
• •
p.1 #6 · CS6 and NIK software

I have the original Silver Efex Pro, Color Efex 3.0, Viveza original, etc. For what I do I see no difference between 32 bit and 64 bit. That's not to say there isn't a difference, but i am a fairly light user, and use Lightroom alot.

Nov 23, 2012 at 04:45 PM
jpeter
• •
p.1 #7 · CS6 and NIK software

Thank you, gwaww. I will try it. What is it about cs6 that you feel is an improvement over cs4 ?

Jay

Nov 23, 2012 at 04:49 PM
gwaww
• •
p.1 #8 · CS6 and NIK software

User interface, some of the content aware actions, raw convertor, startup speed,etc.

Nov 23, 2012 at 04:57 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password