Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · NCAA Women Soccer championship - Stanford hosts (and crus...

Widgic
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NCAA Women Soccer championship - Stanford hosts (and crushes) Santa Clara and Denver

2012 NCAA Women Soccer - we are actually having 4 rounds locally here in the San Francisco Bay Area thanks to Santa Clara University and Stanford (last year champions). Rounds 1, 2 & 3 were last week, next round (UCLA @ Stanford is this coming Friday).

Here are a few shots from the last games.

As always, C&C welcome. Links to the full galleries listed with the photos.

Denis
www.widgic.com

Round 1 - Long Beach State @ Santa Clara University (gallery here)

Round 2 - Santa Clara University @ Stanford (
gallery here)

Round 3 - Denver University @ Stanford (
gallery here)

Nov 20, 2012 at 04:42 AM
dankopp
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NCAA Women Soccer championship - Stanford hosts (and crushes) Santa Clara and Denver

Very nice. I particularly like #7.

Nov 20, 2012 at 03:13 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NCAA Women Soccer championship - Stanford hosts (and crushes) Santa Clara and Denver

Ditto on #7. IMHO one of the all time great soccer (futball) pix. One of the things I truly love about shooting girl's (women's) sports is how much more expressive their faces are. Love the emotion in these.

Robert

Nov 20, 2012 at 03:24 PM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NCAA Women Soccer championship - Stanford hosts (and crushes) Santa Clara and Denver

Nice shots. Although it appears that several are not quite horizontal? And, what is "Widgic"?

Nov 20, 2012 at 04:23 PM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NCAA Women Soccer championship - Stanford hosts (and crushes) Santa Clara and Denver

Hi Denis, here is what I'm seeing:

1 - think I know what you were striving for, in the end, it appears as two distinct facets with one unfortunately OOF, sadly it's the "oh well try again" frame we all seem to capture on occasion.
2 - like it, cropped a bit too tight top and bottom. Would try in PP to open up the shadows a bit. Tough lighting conditions for sure.
3 - good one, would try it in portrait if there is more room top to bottom than shown
4 - don't ya love how goal posts never seem to be straight? Pet peeve here, the watermark has discolored the face of #24 and distracts the eye. In general posting watermarked versions on FM while asking for C&C seems a bit counter intuitive. JMO
5 - what does the prior frame show? Ball closer to the action? As is, the ball too far away and partially cut off, action is over, not a keeper IMO
6 - like the capture, does the frame prior have the ball closer?
7 - EXCELLENT !
8 - going portrait with a crop will make it a much stronger frame, too much negative space
9 - VERY GOOD !
10 - like the composition, cropping issue though with body parts missing, horizon could use a tweak

Best of the lot is #7 and a close second is #9. It's always a treat to find frames like these two when editing a day's shoot. Good job

Regards,
Matt

Nov 20, 2012 at 08:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · NCAA Women Soccer championship - Stanford hosts (and crushes) Santa Clara and Denver

Denis:

The intensity of this level of collegiate soccer comes through, but I think Matt has provided a spot-on assessment of the set. #7 is the big winner here. I also like the action as portrayed in 2, 6 and 8.

Nov 20, 2012 at 08:37 PM
chrisbergmann
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · NCAA Women Soccer championship - Stanford hosts (and crushes) Santa Clara and Denver

Agreed, # 7 is excellent

Nov 21, 2012 at 01:50 AM
glenn1
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · NCAA Women Soccer championship - Stanford hosts (and crushes) Santa Clara and Denver

nice action shots, Denis

Nov 21, 2012 at 08:06 PM
PennsyBill
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · NCAA Women Soccer championship - Stanford hosts (and crushes) Santa Clara and Denver

I'll be in San Diego this weekend & hoping for a Penn State Final vs Stanford now that PSU has a couple of girls back from the USA Under-20 Team.

Only bad part is I'll be stuck in the stands and not on the sidelines covering the game.

Go Lady Lions!

Nov 26, 2012 at 06:33 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password