Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Aspen and fence in fall

ben egbert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Aspen and fence in fall

I showed this exact same scene last summer when wildflowers bloomed in the field. I returned for fall color but was maybe 2 days late for peak.

I had to focus stack 2 images to get the fence rail in focus. I believe you folks preferred the summer composition from the other side of the fence and low to the ground featuring the flowers. But for this one, I thought the fence offered a good leading line.

Like your opinions.

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III    EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens    24mm    f/8.0    1/100s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Nov 18, 2012 at 03:29 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Aspen and fence in fall

Here is a link to the summer image post

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1139417/0#10874866

Nov 18, 2012 at 03:40 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Aspen and fence in fall

+1 @ leading lines ... I dig 'em ... but this one seems to be leading me out of the frame rather than toward the subject.

Shooting from an orientation that leads you into the frame, or toward your specified subject is my typical preference. For me, the main subject here is the larger scale of the trees on the right. The fence leads me to the small trees on the left, but the scale pulls me back, albeit a bit of a tug-o-war.

Still a nice scene, and sometimes we just don't have a plethora of options, but I'm wanting to jump the fence and shoot from the other side or

Nov 18, 2012 at 03:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Aspen and fence in fall

Yep, the fence does not lead into the scene, just offers to break it up into sections. The other side was just dead grass and pointed towards a road which you can see in the left corner.

This was one of about three stands of aspen within 200 yards of each other. I showed one of the other stands 3-4 weeks back but it sort of flopped.

I got a lot of fall color this year, but doubt I composed any properly. I wanted to show them gradually and see if I got any of them right. It is always a surprise to me when I do.

Nov 18, 2012 at 03:52 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Aspen and fence in fall

Good lemonade depends on both the lemon and the recipe. We don't always have control over the crop, but we still make it the best we can ... drink up.

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:01 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Aspen and fence in fall

Exactly, fair color here, decent sky but really no possible composition that I can see. Maybe one of those partials and I am never going to see a partial.

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:49 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password