Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       5       end

Archive 2012 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

Wahoowa
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotois

http://www.flickr.com/photos/asuka_xp/sets/72157632039439174/

Nov 18, 2012 at 02:08 PM
thw2
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

WG = built-in wifi and gps. See this

Nov 18, 2012 at 02:22 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

I understand how WiFi helps but what would GPS do for a camera? I know where I take my pictures!

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:14 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

NCAndy wrote:
I understand how WiFi helps but what would GPS do for a camera? I know where I take my pictures!

There are several applications that take advantage of this info from GPS. In LR4, you can search or map pictures based on the locations.

Back to the original topic, this one was taken at ISO 25,600. Don't know if it's post-processed, but it'd be very impressive if no additional noise reduction was done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/asuka_xp/8195940062/in/set-72157632039439174/

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:28 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

NCAndy wrote:

I love GPS! If I'm out wandering around in the Bisti Badlands or some other place that doesn't have a trail system, and find some cool rock structures or whatever and want to come back to the location some time, it's nice to have a photo of what's there and the coordinates.

Or if I'm looking through photos a few years later and want to find a specific location again, it's so nice to have it GPSd.

I am sure it doesn't help a lot of photographers one bit, but it's something I can make extensive use of and appreciate (I bought the one that fits my 5D3 for that exact reason).

Andy, you need to come out and wander around the desert SW.

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:43 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

mco_970 wrote:
I love GPS! If I'm out wandering around in the Bisti Badlands or some other place that doesn't have a trail system, and find some cool rock structures or whatever and want to come back to the location some time, it's nice to have a photo of what's there and the coordinates.

Or if I'm looking through photos a few years later and want to find a specific location again, it's so nice to have it GPSd.

I am sure it doesn't help a lot of photographers one bit, but it's something I can make extensive use of and appreciate (I
...Show more

Thanks for the explanation and the invite! My brother lives in Grand Junction so I get out there pretty often. I know it is easy to get off the beaten track out there.

Nov 18, 2012 at 04:51 PM
mmurph
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

Wahoowa wrote:
Back to the original topic, this one was taken at ISO 25,600. Don't know if it's post-processed, but it'd be very impressive if no additional noise reduction was done.

The one at ISO 5000 of the bank with people also looks very, very smooth in the dark/black areas! (The sidewalk looks gritty, but I think that is the concrete.)

Very interesting. May have in camera NR on though, with JPEGs? Not sure of the lens either. Looks like small detail is a little blurry, maybe from NR.

Nov 18, 2012 at 05:10 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

All those shots were with the beloved 24-105 as well. Low light performance should be even better with fast primes.

Nov 18, 2012 at 06:01 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

The skies and low mids really look smooth like strong NR was used, perhaps performed in-camera on JPEGs. I'd prefer a little "grit" so I guess you could use plugin to add a wee bit 'o grain...

Nov 18, 2012 at 06:12 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

Wow! The walk around shots with the 100L look amazing. ISO 800 is the new ISO 100! All the images have a very smooth, clean, elegant look to them.

I might have to consider getting one of these 6D bodies.

This is more great verification of the direction Canon is moving to improve their imaging.

Nov 18, 2012 at 07:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

Huh! Thank you first, wahoowa.

As far I see, only two images so far are crisp sharp. The others look oof or blured as far I see it. But with ore without NR The two crisp ones look like there is no as good as no noise.
The picture above at 25k is great in noise, but far away from beeing useful. It is to blury.

Ralph

Nov 18, 2012 at 07:37 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

Not talking the camera down, but the web-sized photo of the 25600 isn't particularly amazing to me...I'm fairly confident I can get that from my 5D3, and possibly could push my 1DIV to that, especially at websize.

Nov 18, 2012 at 08:05 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

Ralph Conway wrote:
Huh! Thank you first, wahoowa.

As far I see, only two images so far are crisp sharp. The others look oof or blured as far I see it. But with ore without NR The two crisp ones look like there is no as good as no noise.
The picture above at 25k is great in noise, but far away from beeing useful. It is to blury.

Ralph

I agree that it's pretty blurry. It was shot at f/5 and 1/8 seconds. My guess is it was handheld. (Otherwise, who want to shoot night landscape on tripod at ISO 25,600? )

EDITED: I did translate the caption and it says, "Taken with "Handheld Night Shot Mode" in previous EOS 6D release. Roppongi Hills location."

Nov 18, 2012 at 08:21 PM
Hawkan
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

Quite a lot of possibly interesting photos for gearheads there. Photos of Powerpoint stills showing some sort of flow from the 60D and Kiss ("Rebel" or ***D series) to the 6D... Canon sales material mayhaps?

Nov 18, 2012 at 08:32 PM
PhilDrinkwater
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

Can someone take some shots of the inside of a lenscap at iso100? These photos have way too much colour and light for my tastes...

;p

Nov 18, 2012 at 09:07 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

RobertLynn wrote:
Not talking the camera down, but the web-sized photo of the 25600 isn't particularly amazing to me...I'm fairly confident I can get that from my 5D3, and possibly could push my 1DIV to that, especially at websize.

Its not full size but much bigger than websize. Many of the flicker files (not the walk arounds) are downloadable at 3648x2432 Robert.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM
JDFeos

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

E-mail them to get a raw file?

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

Wahoowa wrote:
I agree that it's pretty blurry. It was shot at f/5 and 1/8 seconds. My guess is it was handheld. (Otherwise, who want to shoot night landscape on tripod at ISO 25,600? )

EDITED: I did translate the caption and it says, "Taken with "Handheld Night Shot Mode" in previous EOS 6D release. Roppongi Hills location."

Yes. This is what I expected. I saw it was 1/8th second.
The tower pic shot at 1/40th and ISO 2.500 is crisp. And noise looks great imo. If it is NRed it still looks amazing. Download the biggest file (right mouseclick on pic and choose "original").

Ralph

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

Looks like Asuka has got the 24-70 4.0 L IS USM, too.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM
thw2
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Looks like someone in Japan already starts using 6D

I do not know what you guys mean when you talk about web size. Do you realize you can look at the M-sized jpeg just by clicking on the 'All Sizes' tab on the top right of each selected image? I am sure they are all in-camera jpeg. No RAW to speak of.

Ralph, you are right that many photos are blurry because they are handheld. The camera shake signatures are there.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password