Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

Rick VB
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

I had a chance to try my hand at volleyball tonight after work. The DIII women's volleyball playoffs are being played at Hope College in my hometown of Holland, MI. I had about 45 minutes to shoot the match between University of Massachusetts and Christopher Newport University. Found myself struggling to keep up with the action but I did manage to get a few shots I was happy with. Shot at ISO 1600 on the Canon 1D so noise was an issue. Any C&C always appreciated.

Rick

Nov 16, 2012 at 02:06 AM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #2 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

2 more.

Nov 16, 2012 at 02:07 AM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

If you get any of St. Thomas, I'd love to see it. Nice work on these though.

Nov 16, 2012 at 02:20 PM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #4 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

Caleb, I know I won't be able to get to the games today. There is a chance I could get to the championship on Saturday but I don't know yet. Thanks for feedback.
Rick

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:27 PM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #5 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

Good shots! For a different and strong look, get down low. You will lose more shots to players crossing in front of your subject, but the ones you do get will look very powerful. For example, imagine #2 from lower, like on your knees lower. Keep it up!

Paul

Nov 16, 2012 at 04:52 PM
Geoffrey Bolte
• • •
p.1 #6 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

Not too bad. WB seems a little off on 1 & 2, but action looks good. I shot the regional up in CT where UMass-Boston won, some images are in my latest post here. UMass looked pretty good, but sounds like Christopher Newport was better!

Nov 16, 2012 at 05:01 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rick VB
• •
p.1 #7 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

Thanks Paul & Geoffrey. Paul, next time I shoot I would like to try and get a few low shots of some digs. I didn't have time to try and get everything I had in mind and that is one thing I want to try. Geoffrey, in number 2 I can't decide if the WB is off or not. The white jersey and skin tones look OK to me but there is a big yellow wall behind and maybe that is giving the image a different look from the rest?

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Loren E
• •
p.1 #8 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

Nicely done. The noise reduction is just a tad heavy for my taste, but that is my only critique. Cheers -L

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #9 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

Thanks Loren, I did try and go easy on the noise reduction but I really appreciate the feedback.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #10 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

Rick...Like Geoff said a few there the WB is off. Shots look cleans and sharp and I like #2 and #3. Did you use and NR on these?

Nov 17, 2012 at 01:44 PM
Rick VB
• •
p.1 #11 · 1st Try at Volleyball DIII playoffs

Frank, I did do some NR on these using a free software version (can't even recall the name of the software). I tried to do only a little since I am not experienced at using NR software. Hopefully I didn't butcher them completely, although I do still have unedited originals. Thanks for the comments.

Nov 17, 2012 at 02:12 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password