Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Automatically apply recipe in DPP?

fairtex

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Automatically apply recipe in DPP?

Hi guys,

I just started to work with DPP on a load of CR2 files, which all need some kind of post-processing, saved in several .vrd recipe files. Unfortunatelly, not all CR2s can use the same recipe. My question now is, can I set DPP to automatically load and adjust each CR2s recipe whenever I start the program? I'm looking for something similar to Photoshop's ACR, where "recipies" are saved in .xmp files and are applied automatically whenever I load a CR2.

Thanks in advance,
fairtex

Nov 15, 2012 at 05:45 AM
harrygilbert
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Automatically apply recipe in DPP?

The DPP "recipe" includes, I believe, ALL the adjustments you've made to a RAW file in DPP. The approach I use is to pick one shot of a group made under identical conditions (lighting, exposure, lens, focal length if zoom, etc.), make any adjustments, THEN copy that recipe to the clipboard. Then, multi-select all the shots made under the same conditions, and copy the recipe to those photos.

If you copy a recipe from one shot to another image made under different conditions, you may not like the results.

Nov 17, 2012 at 06:36 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.