Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Half a willow tree
  
 
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Half a willow tree


-1







D200 + 80-400 VR @ 270mm, ISO 400, 1/640, f8, fill flash (SB910 + Better Beamer)

-2







D200 + 80-400 VR @ 240mm, ISO 400, 1/1200, f5.6, fill flash (SB910 + Better Beamer)

-3







D200 + 80-400 VR @ 277mm, ISO 400, 1/1000, f8, fill flash (SB910 + Better Beamer)

-4







D200 + 80-400 VR @ 400mm, ISO 400, 1/750, f8, fill flash (SB910 + Better Beamer)

These were taken a few days after Hurricane Sandy downed about one half of the weeping willow which is one of my favorite features at Oakland Lake in New York City. We are left with a new beauty as the maple trees fall color bleeds through the willow in late afternoon light.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris



Nov 15, 2012 at 01:26 AM
Rob Tillyer
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Half a willow tree


Still makes for a sweet scene Morris, nice work.

Rob



Nov 15, 2012 at 01:50 AM
Tim Kuhn
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Half a willow tree


Such is nature, nothing stays the same and it usually works out for the better that way. I really do like the first one Morris.

Tim



Nov 15, 2012 at 02:26 AM
Reeftank1
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Half a willow tree


@ Morris,

You always find some beautiful captures!

Brian



Nov 15, 2012 at 03:02 AM
Karl Witt
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Half a willow tree


I'm with Tim on #1, just lovely Morris and there is great character in those Weeping Willows.

I also like the light variances in the last one, nice shot.
Karl



Nov 15, 2012 at 03:07 AM
birdied
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Half a willow tree


Beautiful set Morris !!

Birdie



Nov 15, 2012 at 04:06 AM
kmunroe
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Half a willow tree


#1 would be my favorite also Morris


Nov 15, 2012 at 08:53 AM
surfnron
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Half a willow tree


Willow weep for me
Willow weep for me
Bend your branches down along the ground and cover me
Listen to my plea
Hear me willow and weep for me
Gone my lovely dreams
Lovely summer dreams
Gone and left me here
To weep my tears along the stream
Sad as I can be
Hear me willow and weep for me
Whisper to the wind and say that love has sinned

To leave my heart a sign
And crying alone
Murmur to the night
Hide her starry light
So none will find me sighing
Crying all alone
Weeping willow tree
Weeping sympathy
Bend your branches down along the ground and cover me
Listen to my plea
Hear me willow and weep for me
Willow Willow Weep for me

And a nice set too Morris ~ Ron



Nov 15, 2012 at 04:19 PM
Martin Good
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Half a willow tree


Lovely colors and treescapes Morris!
Martin



Nov 15, 2012 at 07:49 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Half a willow tree


Rob Tillyer wrote:
Still makes for a sweet scene Morris, nice work.

Rob


Thank you Rob

Morris



Nov 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Half a willow tree


Tim Kuhn wrote:
Such is nature, nothing stays the same and it usually works out for the better that way. I really do like the first one Morris.

Tim


Thank you Tim

Morris



Nov 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Half a willow tree


Reeftank1 wrote:
@ Morris,

You always find some beautiful captures!

Brian


Thank you Brian,

It is about learning to see pictures

Morris



Nov 16, 2012 at 01:00 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Half a willow tree


Karl Witt wrote:
I'm with Tim on #1, just lovely Morris and there is great character in those Weeping Willows.

I also like the light variances in the last one, nice shot.
Karl


Thank you Karl,

You and I seem to be the ones that see the most beauty in the last

Morris



Nov 16, 2012 at 01:01 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Half a willow tree


birdied wrote:
Beautiful set Morris !!

Birdie


Thank you Roberta

Morris



Nov 16, 2012 at 01:01 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Half a willow tree


kmunroe wrote:
#1 would be my favorite also Morris


Thank you Kenny

Morris



Nov 16, 2012 at 01:01 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Half a willow tree


surfnron wrote:
Willow weep for me
Willow weep for me
Bend your branches down along the ground and cover me
Listen to my plea
Hear me willow and weep for me
Gone my lovely dreams
Lovely summer dreams
Gone and left me here
To weep my tears along the stream
Sad as I can be
Hear me willow and weep for me
Whisper to the wind and say that love has sinned

To leave my heart a sign
And crying alone
Murmur to the night
Hide her starry light
So none will find me sighing
Crying all alone
Weeping willow tree
Weeping
...Show more

Thank you Ron and it's fun to see how these sent you into a nice poem

Morris



Nov 16, 2012 at 01:02 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Half a willow tree


Martin Good wrote:
Lovely colors and treescapes Morris!
Martin


Thank you Martin

Morris



Nov 16, 2012 at 01:02 AM





FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password