Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Style or Trash

1adam-12

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Style or Trash

Jim,

can i ask what technique / software you used to get the effect

thanks...Dave

Nov 20, 2012 at 03:43 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · Style or Trash

Dave ... Malloy or Reed ?

Nov 20, 2012 at 04:15 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · Style or Trash

1adam-12 wrote:
Jim,

can i ask what technique / software you used to get the effect

thanks...Dave

Hi Dave; Looking at your moniker I assume you have been around awhile. Haven't heard 1Adam12 in years.. Anyway, to address your question I use LR4; increase clarity to about +50; vibrance to about +25; Adjust blacks / white / shadows / detail holding down edit key (PC) while adjusting. This allows you to see your effective area of adjustment. Go to Nik Color eFex Pro and adjust dark contrast, tonal contrast, & pro contrast to taste. Go to CS5 and use unsharpe at !00; Add copyright, size to web and wait for the majority of photographer to dislike.. If you can not accept rejection do you show.. I personally like it and call it my Norman Rockwell - ish effect. Hope this helped, Jim

Nov 20, 2012 at 06:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

oldrattler
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · Style or Trash

RustyBug wrote:
Dave ... Malloy or Reed ?

I am actually amazed that you remember there names. Nice, Jim

Nov 20, 2012 at 06:06 PM
wayne_eddy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · Style or Trash

I can't see any of them being published anywhere on the web other than where you post them.

The HDR look just isn't natural enough be appreciated widely enough to demonstrate a documentary style I might have wanted if you were shooting this for me.

In addition: #1 legs cut off all over the place, eyes closed #4 ... journalistic style needs some work here. Composition, subject isolation ...

for at least the last one, I would have been shooting at f/2.8 or so to remove the BG ppl.

As for journalistic style I would have been trying for more power for some of the subjects, getting to a lower perspective and moving with the parade to vary the back ground some.

just my 2c

Nov 22, 2012 at 01:44 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · Style or Trash

wayne_eddy wrote:
I can't see any of them being published anywhere on the web other than where you post them.

The HDR look just isn't natural enough be appreciated widely enough to demonstrate a documentary style I might have wanted if you were shooting this for me.

In addition: #1 legs cut off all over the place, eyes closed #4 ... journalistic style needs some work here. Composition, subject isolation ...

for at least the last one, I would have been shooting at f/2.8 or so to remove the BG ppl.

As for journalistic style I would have been trying for more power for some
...Show more

Thank you. I am in total agreement with you. I know nothing about this style of photography as this was the first parade I ever shot. Your perspective on location & angle is, again, correct. We had arrived two hours early and setup in the assigned Media area. supposedly the police would keep the area clear. As you can see, by time the parade started we were 3 rows deep in spectators. I had to climb into the back of my truck to even see the parade. It was a great experience and I appreciate your comments. Jim

Nov 22, 2012 at 03:48 PM
       end

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password