Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       end
  

Archive 2012 · What's your take on this lens?
  
 
Wahoowa
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · What's your take on this lens?


Al3xMac wrote:
"Troubling text" messages saying to grow up and that this thread has no business being on the forums. Like I said in my first post, this was just going to end up getting childish, big surprise... it has! I haven't even received my lens yet as part of the trade and Im being told by Wahoowa that as a UPS account holder, he can have the package redirected back to him so that ill never receive it. wonderful FM-er

Thank you EosFun, I completely agree


Twist of words.



Nov 15, 2012 at 08:48 AM
Shutterbug2006
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · What's your take on this lens?


Al3xMac wrote:
I haven't even received my lens yet as part of the trade and Im being told by Wahoowa that as a UPS account holder, he can have the package redirected back to him so that ill never receive it.


That would be fraud. I don't know whether its considered civil or criminal in your jurisdiction.



Nov 15, 2012 at 08:53 AM
eosfun
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · What's your take on this lens?


I have reported the thread to the mods with the folliwing text: "I don't think this belongs to the Canon EF board at all. I suggest to close the thread but not remove it to keep other users informed about what kind of traders and their ethics this thread is".

Still going on with arguments was no EOSfun at all as I said above.



Nov 15, 2012 at 08:56 AM
jctriguy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · What's your take on this lens?


Yes, quite clear who to side with on this one. You post a one sided negative attack and when the seller responds you claim he is twisting facts and making you look bad. Grow up and go and use the lens...enjoy the pics you get with it


Nov 15, 2012 at 01:12 PM
Wahoowa
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · What's your take on this lens?


Shutterbug2006 wrote:
That would be fraud. I don't know whether its considered civil or criminal in your jurisdiction.


jctriguy wrote:
Yes, quite clear who to side with on this one. You post a one sided negative attack and when the seller responds you claim he is twisting facts and making you look bad. Grow up and go and use the lens...enjoy the pics you get with it



It was a twist of words and taken out context because I told him to stop texting me and not to crossing the line. I did send him two texts to stop. Basically, I told him that, if he wouldn't stop crossing the line (with his insults), I could try to take the matter in my own hand by taking the package back and sending him back his lens. I didn't say that I wouldn't send him the lens back. So, that's how the twist of words it was.

I can tell you that I never made a single insult over the communication. Not sure if I could say the same to the other party.



Nov 15, 2012 at 01:30 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



dimitris77
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · What's your take on this lens?


I am sorry but I am with Alex on this. You want to be paid money just because you have been breathing and fogging the front element and you noticed marks? Whats next? Licking the body and discovering new scratches? You got a good deal. These are cleaning marks that probably the first user did and come off easily. Just go out and use the damn lens.


Nov 15, 2012 at 01:57 PM
Wahoowa
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #7 · What's your take on this lens?


dimitris77 wrote:
I am sorry but I am with Alex on this. You want to be paid money just because you have been breathing and fogging the front element and you noticed marks? Whats next? Licking the body and discovering new scratches? You got a good deal. These are cleaning marks that probably the first user did and come off easily. Just go out and use the damn lens.


At the beginning, I sent him an email simply asking what he thought about it and if he would take it back if they wouldn't come off. He quickly wrote me off.


Edited on Nov 15, 2012 at 02:22 PM · View previous versions



Nov 15, 2012 at 02:02 PM
dimitris77
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #8 · What's your take on this lens?


I would too. Sorry. Let me say it one more time. There is nothing wrong with this lens. Just go out and shoot it.


Nov 15, 2012 at 02:10 PM
Wahoowa
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #9 · What's your take on this lens?


Please let me end this thread by apologizing to everyone on this forum whom I may have offended, but I reserve that from the original owner of this lens.

My intention to create this thread was to gain inputs regarding the blemishes on the front and rear elements. The initial responses were that the blemishes would cause some effect. It's suggested that I should contact the seller to resolve the issue and/or request a return. And that's what I did. At the beginning, I sent him an email simply asking what he thought about it and if he would take it back if they wouldn't come off. I thought it was a fair request, but he quickly wrote me off. It seems to many members here that his response was fair, so I guess I'll have to live with it.

The direction of the thread changed to how the seller has handled the transaction and I tried to be fair with my assessment. And, of course, when the seller told a twisted story and out of context, I felt I needed to defend myself.

At this point, I have nothing else beside hoping that the smears would come off with the use of ROR. If not, hopefully, someone wouldn't mind the blemishes and taking the lens out of my hands.

Edited on Nov 15, 2012 at 02:34 PM · View previous versions



Nov 15, 2012 at 02:25 PM
1       2       3      
4
       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password