Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Wow! did you see this?

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wow! did you see this?

I couldn't believe my own eyes. Have I seen this? did I take this picture?
Friends, this is digital power. I saw it, but my naked eyes didn't see this one. Only at home, on the desk top did i discovered this. I am so amazed at the mother nature, that the modern digital technology has discovered.
C&C are appreciated.

© nugeny 2012

Nov 14, 2012 at 01:18 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wow! did you see this?

Glad you had fun! What a sight to see there.
I like the composition, cloud action, and light, but the colors seem off to me. Maybe you can rework the color balance.

Nov 14, 2012 at 08:35 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wow! did you see this?

dgdg wrote:
Glad you had fun! What a sight to see there.
I like the composition, cloud action, and light, but the colors seem off to me. Maybe you can rework the color balance.

Thanks. I did see the colors. But some how I like it this way thinking "hey I am a painter"

But here is the version i could have chosen

Edited on Nov 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM · View previous versions

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wow! did you see this?

Just a suggestion, it's a little small to appreciate for such a view. Looks to be 720w x 378h
Kind of like a little postcard.

You could resize it one of either ways:
600 for height
or 800 for width.
I'd go with height of 600

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wow! did you see this?

ckcarr wrote:
Just a suggestion, it's a little small to appreciate for such a view. Looks to be 720w x 378h
Kind of like a little postcard.

You could resize it one of either ways:
600 for height
or 800 for width.
I'd go with height of 600

I may try it later but I think FM wouldn't allow bigger files. It happened to me more than once. This picture is 720 wide x 378
Bob

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wow! did you see this?

Yes, I see it and it's gorgeous!
Great light. Congrats!
Fred

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM
dakel
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wow! did you see this?

It's a very beautiful scene with very special light. Well done!

Could you please elaborate on the bit where you saw it but your naked eyes didn't see it? Do you mean that your eyes didn't see the scene this way but your heart did so you post processed it to your hearts content?

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM
DABNIK
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wow! did you see this?

Great stuff!!
I figure you can do whatever YOU like with your shots.

AND - you live ay YOSEMITE I am SO jealous!!

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wow! did you see this?

Nice image. I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. And I see no difference between the two you are showing. Yes, it's a beautiful scene, but weren't you looking at it before you pointed your camera at it? Perhaps you simply forgot about it and got excited when you saw it again on your computer? In response to your post title, no, I did not see this. But apparently you did.

Nov 14, 2012 at 01:13 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wow! did you see this?

I see a difference - albeit subtle. The second image has less of a "green/yellow", but the second image adds a little purple hue to it.

Nice comp. The colors seem a little off still, at least to me. And your first post throws me off a bit. What did you notice on your screen that you didn't see when you were there?

Nov 14, 2012 at 02:25 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wow! did you see this?

Fred Miranda wrote:
Yes, I see it and it's gorgeous!
Great light. Congrats!
Fred

Thanks Fred, I appreciate it.
I went to the right place at the right time.
Bob

Nov 14, 2012 at 05:31 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Wow! did you see this?

Hey Bob,

I have seen that scene 100's of time, and it has looked similar to your shot here, except I have never seen it lit up with a green light. Adding color to a shot when it wasn't there, is each persons choice if they want to add to a shot. But choosing a more realistic color will take the shot farther, and not feel like it was enhanced. I have sen colors from a true gold, to pink, red on the face before. Choosing one of those tones would be better here.... Or... Especially since you live right on Yosemites doorstep, just go back when nature has done the painting and not you... When nature paints from her palette of color, it will almost always look more realistic.

I like your composition, and I like the light and clouds that you had, but of you want to add color, as I suggested, I would suggest a more realistic tone.

Jim

Nov 14, 2012 at 05:43 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Wow! did you see this?

JimFox wrote:
Hey Bob,

I have seen that scene 100's of time, and it has looked similar to your shot here, except I have never seen it lit up with a green light. Adding color to a shot when it wasn't there, is each persons choice if they want to add to a shot. But choosing a more realistic color will take the shot farther, and not feel like it was enhanced. I have sen colors from a true gold, to pink, red on the face before. Choosing one of those tones would be better here.... Or... Especially since you live right
...Show more

Glad you chime in, Jim. If you meant "adding colors" by PP, I would plead guilty.
However, "realistic" is in the eyes of the beholder, don't you think so? Looking back, I now prefer version nr 2. I haven't started to print, so the picture may continue to evolve. And as I said : I am the painter. I pick and choose the colors.
You said "just go back when nature has done the painting and not you..."
I am not that sure. I love to be the interpreter of the nature, through my eyes and imagination. I might see things that others don't and vice versa.

Well that makes the art interesting. We are not all alike. Vive la difference.
As always, I appreciate your input, Jim.
Vive la difference!
Bob

Nov 14, 2012 at 05:55 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Wow! did you see this?

Yea, even with my color blindness, I could see the green
"Digital Power"?, I dunno, it's just ones & zero's. Software can manipulate that
I suspect the default sat/contrast/wb have a definite contribution.
I too like the comp, but the colors, I've never seen.

Dan

Nov 14, 2012 at 06:01 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Wow! did you see this?

dakel wrote:
It's a very beautiful scene with very special light. Well done!

Could you please elaborate on the bit where you saw it but your naked eyes didn't see it? Do you mean that your eyes didn't see the scene this way but your heart did so you post processed it to your hearts content?

First, the scene was changing constantly because of the moving clouds. quite a few pictures taking around this time weren't appealing to me.
So because of rapidly changing situation, there wasn't much time to really "meditate", to. absorb, to analyse the scene.
Once at home, I could look at the picture carefully and even analyse it and thanks to digital tech. I then could PP to my liking. Now PP is not just for digital technology. If you read Ansel Adams, you would know that he, the master of landscapes, Yosemite valley was his home for many years,---lucky him---he PP his pictures so much. Of course we can do with our computer much faster, much better than he ever could dream of. But he dodged and burnt the pictures so much some times you can't recognize the original. Do you know another meaning of "to dodge"? it means cheating!
But finally, the trick is to recognize the potential of each image and arstistically modify to YOUR liking. You notice I emphasize YOUR. This is art, It is individual. If you try to please every one with your art, you will be uninteresting, bland, vanylla, generic. The final product would be no more art.
And finally you notice the composition, that is one of the most important ingredient of an visual art work. And at home, looking at it, it "seized" me right away.

Nov 14, 2012 at 08:15 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.