Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "pai...

HubbardJA
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "paint fight" engagement session

Hello,

I'm working with a client who would like to have a "paint fight / write a save the date on a canvas or sheet" engagement session.

This sounds easy in theory - give them paint and let them have at it But I was wondering if anyone here has don't something similar in the past? If so, would you mind sharing how you handled the logistics of the shoot?

I'm trying to work with them to find a location as well as thinking about how to contain the paint so noting is damaged or the ground isn't polluted with paint. I'd also love to see an example or two on how a session like this has turned out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Jayson

Nov 14, 2012 at 01:57 AM
Ian Ivey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "paint fight" engagement session

Hey, Jason,

Tempera paint is washable and non-toxic, so you can just hose down the area when you're done and not worry too much about trying to contain paint your wild-eyed clients are throwing around.

Nov 14, 2012 at 05:00 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "paint fight" engagement session

I think Hoffer did something like this a while back. Maybe it was someone else. But yeah I'm guessing they got the idea from seeing that session.

Nov 14, 2012 at 05:33 AM
awad
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "paint fight" engagement session

http://redfieldphotography.com/redfieldblog/2012/nicole-brian-engaged

we did this a while back. the paint shots are at the bottom.

he was a baseball player. so instead of throwing paint, they filled balloons and took turns batting at each other.

we did it out in the middle of the forest, we didn't use too many balloons so we werent really worried about damaging anything.

Nov 14, 2012 at 05:36 AM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "paint fight" engagement session

awad wrote:
http://redfieldphotography.com/redfieldblog/2012/nicole-brian-engaged

we did this a while back. the paint shots are at the bottom.

he was a baseball player. so instead of throwing paint, they filled balloons and took turns batting at each other.

we did it out in the middle of the forest, we didn't use too many balloons so we werent really worried about damaging anything.

Very nice! I really like this... would you mind me sending them the link to your post?

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "paint fight" engagement session

Ian Ivey wrote:
Hey, Jason,

Tempera paint is washable and non-toxic, so you can just hose down the area when you're done and not worry too much about trying to contain paint your wild-eyed clients are throwing around.

Thanks Ian! I'll let them know about this.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM
awad
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "paint fight" engagement session

HubbardJA wrote:
Very nice! I really like this... would you mind me sending them the link to your post?

thanks man. and go for it, hopefully it helps out.

Nov 14, 2012 at 03:55 PM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "paint fight" engagement session

Last call... anyone else have a paint experience or any tips you're willing to share?

Thanks,
Jayson

Nov 19, 2012 at 01:30 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Need Help / Ideas - Client's would like to do a "paint fight" engagement session

My clients did it, but it was kind of organic. We shot them as they were moving into the new house and it just sorta happened. We used regular interior paint because it was spontaneous.

Nov 19, 2012 at 01:56 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password