Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sinawava Stags

ben egbert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Sinawava Stags

I found these bucks crossing the Virgin River while doing some Zion Fall color near the Temple of Sinawava.

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III    EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens    50mm    f/4.0    1/200s    500 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Nov 14, 2012 at 01:42 AM
Camperjim
• • •
p.1 #2 · Sinawava Stags

The final image looks good but I would guess you had a large dynamic range to deal with in post. I like the fall colors and the shimmering yellow and other reflected colors on the water. I also like the details especially in the upper left quarter of the image.

I realize you took this because of the deer, but I don't find them all that interesting and you were not lucky enough to get a clean separation of the deer from the background.

Nov 14, 2012 at 02:48 AM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Sinawava Stags

Right Jim. The deer were an opportunity. This is not a wildlife shot, its more of a landscape containing animals.

Nov 14, 2012 at 02:51 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Sinawava Stags

It's unfortunate the deer's camo works so well.

Nov 14, 2012 at 05:16 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Sinawava Stags

Just another one of those where the experience of being there doesn't replicate well ... i.e. ya had ta be there.

Cool to be there and see them.

Took a stab at it.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Camperjim
• • •
p.1 #6 · Sinawava Stags

ben egbert wrote:
Right Jim. The deer were an opportunity. This is not a wildlife shot, its more of a landscape containing animals.

I like to shoot animals separately with a longer focal length lens. Then you have a larger file and can easily place a high res animal image where you want it. Second best is to shoot the image with animal(s) and then rearrange them with Photoshop. The second approach means more work and if you need to enlarge the animal you will lose detail.

Nov 14, 2012 at 02:37 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Sinawava Stags

Thanks for the comments. I have several others, some with the deer very close. I liked this best because it was the best landscape.

I filled (2) 16gbit cards at Zion. I processed 50 for upload to my SmugMug gallery. 10 are potential prints. But the 10 I would print, and this is not one of them, would not be well received here.

On the other hand, I am always so surprised at what other photographers like that I post them anyway.

There are a couple more here.

http://ben-egbert-photo.com/?page_id=1270

Nov 14, 2012 at 03:36 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password