Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       6       end

Archive 2012 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Jeffrey wrote:
I don't need more pixels. I need cleaner and sharper ones.

It's amazing how much all of you seem too know about things you know nothing about.

well it mentions fixing up low ISO which means cleaner pixels and more pixels sample better so this is relevant

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

skibum5 wrote:
Because:

1. 5D3 is out now and this won't be out for at least 12 more months and with how Canon has been going maybe at least 18 more months, if not 20

2. it might cost say $5500 and not $3000

Why do people here always say such a camera must be more than $3K?! Hello, please look at Nikon what they are pricing the D800 for! Is there any justification otherhan putting his technology in a 1D body to ask for a higher price tag than what the competition already does?

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

retrofocus wrote:
Why do people here always say such a camera must be more than $3K?! Hello, please look at Nikon what they are pricing the D800 for! Is there any justification otherhan putting his technology in a 1D body to ask for a higher price tag than what the competition already does?

You do know we are talking about a Canon camera don't you. Canon thinks a 5D III is worth $500 more than a D800, so you seriously think they suddenly think yeah a 46MP camera that shoots 6fps with dual digic V+, with all the other goodies from the 5D III won't demand a rather large price premium. It'll be $1K dearer at least.

Canon couldn't careless what Nikon's pricing is IMO.

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

retrofocus wrote:

with all the talk of studio special and so on and how canon has been pricing it just sounds like they will go $5500
of course i'd love if they go $3500, who knows, 18months from now maybe they have to, or at least $4000 max, we will see

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Pixel Perfect wrote:
You do know we are talking about a Canon camera don't you. Canon thinks a 5D III is worth $500 more than a D800, so you seriously think they suddenly think yeah a 46MP camera that shoots 6fps with dual digic V+, with all the other goodies from the 5D III won't demand a rather large price premium. It'll be $1K dearer at least.

You are right in regard to the Canon price hype recently. If they don't wake up.....yes. If it really takes Canon more than half a year now to come up with such kind of camera, I only hope that other manufacturers like Sony also see this as a chance and come up with great new DSLR technology. If then Canon still asks for unreasonable prices for such kind of camera, they will get the bill. I hope they learned their lesson from the original overpricing of the 5D III and don't repeat this mistake again.

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Q3 2013 is quite a while. I'm sure the specs will change a few times before then.

EBH

Nov 15, 2012 at 01:12 AM
Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

EB-1 wrote:
Q3 2013 is quite a while. I'm sure the specs will change a few times before then.

EBH

+1

In addition, Q3 is when they *might* announce the camera - it will be months more before it begins shipping, if the 6D is any indication of how much time elapses between the announcement and stock in the delivery channel.

Nov 15, 2012 at 01:18 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Pixel Perfect wrote:

I think the 5d3 is worth $500 more than a d800.

Nov 15, 2012 at 01:22 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

RobertLynn wrote:

Do you want to sell your 5D III and try to keep prices up....? I think by far the 5D III is much less worth than the D800 given that people who like the 5D III use the camera for a different kind of photography compared to most of the D800 users.

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:24 PM
jctriguy
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

retrofocus wrote:
Do you want to sell your 5D III and try to keep prices up....? I think by far the 5D III is much less worth than the D800 given that people who like the 5D III use the camera for a different kind of photography compared to most of the D800 users.

What exactly do you mean by a 'different type of photography'? And how do you know what different camera owners are using their cameras for?

Nov 15, 2012 at 03:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

retrofocus
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

jctriguy wrote:
What exactly do you mean by a 'different type of photography'? And how do you know what different camera owners are using their cameras for?

Simple: the AF system of the 5D III makes a lot of wedding and sports photographers use this kind of camera, while many landscape and nature photographers currently sit it out, go for a 5D MkII, or simply buy a D800(E) with a few lenses. Of course you can also use the 5D III for landscape photography, but there is only minimal improvement in the sensor compared to the 5D II. This was discussed for ages here now in this forum. Let's not go again into the discussion how good/bad the 5D III is, it won't lead anywhere.

Nov 15, 2012 at 05:36 PM
John Shultz
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

people that talk about hard drive space make me literally laugh out loud. If you spend $3,500 to $8k on the body and major $$$ on the lenses, you need to budget a few grand for the computers and the RAID array my friends. Sorry, film used to be expensive too!

I have a 12TB RAID5 right now and it cost me under $1k. That's sufficient for the time being but I will gladly upgrade in the future to accommodate higher quality images (I can store 387,000 5D3 Cr2 images currently). Imagine if you were told 30yrs ago that you could double the quality of a print by spending another $1k on a new enlarger...I'd have been all over it.

Nov 15, 2012 at 07:09 PM
jctriguy
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

retrofocus wrote:
Simple: the AF system of the 5D III makes a lot of wedding and sports photographers use this kind of camera, while many landscape and nature photographers currently sit it out, go for a 5D MkII, or simply buy a D800(E) with a few lenses. Of course you can also use the 5D III for landscape photography, but there is only minimal improvement in the sensor compared to the 5D II. This was discussed for ages here now in this forum. Let's not go again into the discussion how good/bad the 5D III is, it won't lead anywhere.

So because you use a camera for sport/wedding/wildlife means it should cost less than a camera that 'most' use for landscape photography You jumped into the discussion again by stating that it should cost less than the D800 because of the type of photographer using it.

Nov 15, 2012 at 07:58 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

RobertLynn wrote:

+ 100

I am with Robert. Even I am not interested in a 5D III, but waiting for the 6D ...
If the sensor does not, what I expect, I would prefere to add the 1000 to get a 5D III instead of adding 400 to get a D800 (yes, here in germany at Amazon the body went down about 20% since it started, 5D III that started about 300 more only about 10%), And I am not nailed to Canon by a huge collection of lenses.

Ralph

Nov 15, 2012 at 08:20 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Ralph Conway wrote:
+ 100

I am with Robert. Even I am not interested in a 5D III, but waiting for the 6D ...
If the sensor does not, what I expect, I would prefere to add the 1000 to get a 5D III instead of adding 400 to get a D800 (yes, here in germany at Amazon the body went down about 20% since it started, 5D III that started about 300 more only about 10%), And I am not nailed to Canon by a huge collection of lenses.

Ralph

Your opinion granted, Ralph - your personal choice! Nice thing with the 6D is WiFi and remote access to the camera menus. For me those are bells and whistles and still the sensor is key for a buying decision of a new camera. And Canon just didn't move enough in this area since the 5D II. Correct, for me the only reason so far to stick to Canon is my nice lens collection. Otherwise I would be gone already and switched camps like many others did.

Nov 15, 2012 at 09:10 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

John Shultz wrote:
people that talk about hard drive space make me literally laugh out loud. If you spend $3,500 to $8k on the body and major $$$ on the lenses, you need to budget a few grand for the computers and the RAID array my friends. Sorry, film used to be expensive too!

More importantly you will be able to play Skyrim with max settings with the new computer. Gotta get the priorities right.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Nothing in canon camp really excites me last 7 years, except the 50mm f1.0 i got couple month ago. Best 7 years of canon investment so far ....still waitting for High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

mttran wrote:
Nothing in canon camp really excites me last 7 years, except the 50mm f1.0 i got couple month ago. Best 7 years of canon investment so far ....still waitting for High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam.

If the AF performance of the 5D III and 1D X alone don't excite you, you aint got a pulse dude.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Pixel Perfect wrote:
If the AF performance of the 5D III and 1D X alone don't excite you, you aint got a pulse dude.

Hmmm....still have my pulse, but the AF performance of those two cams certainly does not excite me at all. But I don't need this AF performance either. I often even shoot MF.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Derek Weston
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · High MP, 6fps, great low ISO cam rumor

Pixel Perfect wrote:

Doesn't excite me either. Rarely shoot auto-focus. . . not much added value for me. Much rather have more megapixels and better DR/high iso. Hell, I'd consider buying that camera even it didn't have auto-focus capability.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password