Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Done with Amazon Payments

rankamateur
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Done with Amazon Payments

Transactions $20,000 or more
200 Transactions

IMPORTANT NOTE: Even if your account does not meet the above criteria, Amazon Payments still requires you to provide tax identification information to Amazon Payments.

So far Paypal has left me alone as I no where near meet either criteria as most of us don't. I guess if they find out Amazon is requiring it they will too.

Nov 13, 2012 at 07:50 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Done with Amazon Payments

Hehe, government has got to find a way to fund the urban plantations, don't ya know

Nov 13, 2012 at 08:23 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Done with Amazon Payments

First, the reporting to the IRS started in 2011, so to some extent, this is old news.

Second, Amazon's requirement for furnishing your tax ID info is not the same as the reporting requirement. Amazon is only required to file a 1099 with the IRS if your transactions exceed the limits in your post. Personally, I think you're lucky. In my consulting work, I've received 1099's for a couple hundred dollars.

Nov 13, 2012 at 08:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rankamateur
• • •
p.1 #4 · Done with Amazon Payments

DanBrown wrote:
First, the reporting to the IRS started in 2011, so to some extent, this is old news.

Second, Amazon's requirement for furnishing your tax ID info is not the same as the reporting requirement. Amazon is only required to file a 1099 with the IRS if your transactions exceed the limits in your post. Personally, I think you're lucky. In my consulting work, I've received 1099's for a couple hundred dollars.

I think you missed the point. Of course it is old news. Paypal has been chasing people for a year now. What is not old news is Amazon having their own requirement that they don't give a shit what the government requirement is they want a Tax id anyway. Your making consulting income and having to pay taxes has nothing to do with me or anyone else selling each other a lens.

Nov 13, 2012 at 09:46 PM
cwebster
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Done with Amazon Payments

"Your making consulting income and having to pay taxes has nothing to do with me or anyone else selling each other a lens"

Yes it does when the government (usually state & local) want to collect sales or use tax. Private transactions are not exempt from sales tax reporting requirements.

<Chas>

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:39 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Done with Amazon Payments

rankamateur wrote:
What is not old news is Amazon having their own requirement that they don't give a shit what the government requirement is they want a Tax id anyway.

Amazon likely believes it is their best interest to obtain this information. I'm registered with Amazon payments, although the items I've sold do not include camera equipment. So I've encountered the same requirement for giving them the tax ID. Frankly, I don't consider it a bother. You do. Each to his own. As the title of your post implies, walk away. Much more definitive than whining.

Nov 14, 2012 at 03:51 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password