FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Uvas Canyon, Leaves in the Water

killersnowman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Uvas Canyon, Leaves in the Water

I really never got into the fall color type stuff. but this year i saw one post by Matt Tilghman called Left Behind ( https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1163035 ) that was shot but a mere 2.5 hours away. I had to go! the first image is from the same falls as the one Matt shot but with a different composition and a less powerful image. but hey, this is my first shot at a real fall color image. it was really magical being down in the river and shooting these image. the park is rather big and i didnt make it half way in, i wasted most of my time at the first falls i saw

UVAS CANYON

and please any C&C on how to edit these images would be appreciated. forest scenes always seem hard to me.. lots of clutter and such

Nov 13, 2012 at 01:05 AM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Uvas Canyon, Leaves in the Water

derp -1^-1

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Uvas Canyon, Leaves in the Water

1 and 2 are my picks Mr. Snowman. I'm not sure these require any additional editing.
Douglas

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:14 AM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Uvas Canyon, Leaves in the Water

I like like the comp in #1 but you list a bit in the highlights and the water is a little too blue for me. You really nailed #2. Simple and colourful. 3 is great, but a little busy for me but a great set none the less!

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Uvas Canyon, Leaves in the Water

Hey Tyler,

Well, there is always a first time for everything!

#2 is my favorite here, that single leaf in the foreground is pretty powerful.

Did you use a polarizer with these? It looks like you might have, though the reflections in the water in the bottom of #1, if they could have been cut through more, that would be the one thing that would help #1.

That looks like a cool place up there. I might have to check it out some time.

Jim

Nov 16, 2012 at 01:32 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Uvas Canyon, Leaves in the Water

hey thanks everyone.

i did not use a polarizer for these and i kinda edited them fast because a local group i go to had a showing of "leaf" related images and i only had a day to go through these images. im definitely going to go back and try to warm the water in the first.

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM
ifaynshteyn
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Uvas Canyon, Leaves in the Water

#2 and #3 take the cake for me. I LOVE how on #2 the yellow leaf on the rock leads the eye into the rest of the photo. In #3 I like the clutter caused by the leaves and the rushing water gives the photo life.

Don't see anything that needs to be edited other than bringing back some of the highlights in the waterfall in #1.

Nov 19, 2012 at 01:10 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.