Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

West Temple and Towers of the Virgins.
Behind the valley museum.

Charlie Shugart 2012

Nov 13, 2012 at 01:04 AM
nick53097
• • •
p.1 #2 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Great, just great!
Thank you for sharing

Nov 13, 2012 at 01:18 AM
Scott Kroeker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

I'll echo Nick! Very nice! When was this taken?

Nov 13, 2012 at 01:45 AM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Wow Charlie - that one's amazing!

Nov 13, 2012 at 02:04 AM
Nigel Turner
• •
p.1 #5 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Hi Charlie,

I've followed your work for years here on FM and I have to say that without doubt that you have the absolute worse post processing techniques that have been available to man. Sometimes you manage to capture an image that is not bad looking, but your interpretation is lacking.. to say the least.

Here's my offer Charlie.. I want you to achieve a standard better than you have now and one that makes you stand out from the crowd. I want your images to have a new light, and you to have a new light on the images that you capture.

I also want you to understand how to post process your images from the capture stage to understanding the how to present images.

Charlie.. I would really like to take this opportunity to offer you a free workshop with me, any trip you would like but you have to provide your own flight. I'll take care of you!!

Up to you Charlie!

Nov 13, 2012 at 03:10 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Nigel Turner wrote:
Hi Charlie,

I've followed your work for years here on FM and I have to say that without doubt that you have the absolute worse post processing techniques that have been available to man. Sometimes you manage to capture an image that is not bad looking, but your interpretation is lacking.. to say the least.

Here's my offer Charlie.. I want you to achieve a standard better than you have now and one that makes you stand out from the crowd. I want your images to have a new light, and you to have a new light on the images that
...Show more

Nigel- I don't even know how to begin a response to your comments.
Although your words seem to be helpfully stated, there is a venomous aspect that can't be denied.
Everyone is entitled to his or her own reactions to photographs, but if a person feels as much contempt as you do, it's doubtful that expressing it on a friendly forum such as FM is the right way to go.
Take into account that you and I are complete strangers to each other- all I can say is that I am stunned by your comments- but will soon be completely over it.
I suspect that your damning words say much more about you than they do about my posts.
Charlie
PS Don't miss today's post on the redwoods (it'll be up in a few minutes).
PPS- I'll pass on your offer (I don't like to fly ).

Nov 13, 2012 at 08:26 PM
roguecoolman
• • •
p.1 #7 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Ah the towers. I was there few weeks ago and it really is one of the nicest views and the easiest to get to. That cloud action is nice!

Lol Charlie, the response from Nigel is like winning the lottery but you can only get it if you get kicked in the nads :P I think perhaps the offer/comment might have been better as a PM thing. I mean its really not something that needs to be public for every one to see.

Jason

Nov 13, 2012 at 08:41 PM
Nigel Turner
• •
p.1 #8 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Hi Charlie,

Well I'm very sorry that you took my words the way you did as that was certainly not the way it was meant.

My only intention was an offer to you to improve the way you see and interpret your images before and after the capture stage. I certainly didn't feel that I was being 'venomous' in the least in my comment. But I will stand by my view that your images are severely let down by your processing. My offer to you was heartfelt as I know that you are dedicated to photography and would like to think that you would like to achieve the highest standard that you can.

I'm sorry that you took my intentions and charity the wrong way... but good luck Charlie in your future photographic adventures.

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Steve Sieren
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

I would of taken that spot! Looks like you ran into some great conditions Charlie!

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

The more I look at this picture, the more I get drawn to the beautiful scene. Wonderful angle and composition to get the temple and towers come alive. Great.

Kee

Mar 25, 2013 at 03:34 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Charlie,
That is an unique take on an iconic image.

Mar 25, 2013 at 04:39 PM
phlegmon
• •
p.1 #12 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Nigel, what don't you like about the photo?

Charlie, don't take this the wrong way. I'm trying to learn.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Callisto
• • •
p.1 #13 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Those clouds are amazing as is the scene. The only drawback is the harsh light and here it's handled about as well as possible.

Mar 26, 2013 at 03:01 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

harsh light but I like the view

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · Zion- at the beginning of winter

Thanks guys.
The image was posted last November, and I had hoped it would fade away because I was so turned off by Nigel's insults (and then pretend apology).
But I didn't want to ignore the polite people who took the time to make comments.
So again- thank you.
Charlie

Mar 26, 2013 at 04:23 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password