Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sigma 150mm OS problem ???

falconbach
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma 150mm OS problem ???

Yesterday my Sigma 150mm (OS version) started to behave strange... the viewfinder image started to jump up by at least 40-50% and when OS is activated the AF-ON focusing only works the first time then if you want to keep the OS activated but change focus object then it won't focus but the viewfinder shows the Red color as the camera system tries to focus.
Also when the OS is OFF then the focus is 100% but now when the OS is on then it starts to backfocus. Activating/deactivating OS createst a clunk sound and you can really feel that something is shaking the barel.

Has anyone experienced this problem with this lens or another Sigma lens with OS?

Nov 12, 2012 at 04:58 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma 150mm OS problem ???

Yes, I had one on Nikon, similar problem.

Nov 12, 2012 at 05:00 PM
falconbach
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sigma 150mm OS problem ???

Did you get replacement or was it fixed?

Nov 12, 2012 at 05:08 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sigma 150mm OS problem ???

I've bought it used so I've shipped it back at my expense.

Nov 12, 2012 at 05:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

falconbach
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sigma 150mm OS problem ???

Good luck kewlcanon... hopefully my camera store will find out if something is wrong and honour the guarantee.

Nov 12, 2012 at 06:58 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sigma 150mm OS problem ???

Sigma is pretty good with warranty as long as you have the store receipt and the warranty card.

falconbach wrote:
Good luck kewlcanon... hopefully my camera store will find out if something is wrong and honour the guarantee.

Nov 12, 2012 at 07:36 PM
Betacamman
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sigma 150mm OS problem ???

Had a similar issue with a 150-500mm. Didn't affect focus, but the OS was messed up. I bought it used, so I sold it rather than repair it, warned the next buyer about it.

Nov 12, 2012 at 07:55 PM
falconbach
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sigma 150mm OS problem ???

WTF! The dealer called me today and told me that there were nothing wrong with the lens. Couldn't believe it but I went to pick it up. I of course tried it and to my amazement that clunk sound was gone and it seemed to respond to AF-ON and refocus when the camera was on AF-C however to refocus in AF-S mode I need to deactivate and reactivate the OS.

So it seems to work ok so I will see what happens before deciding wether I should send it to Sigma for servicing or not. That would probably mean 1 month downtime for that lens.

Nov 14, 2012 at 08:23 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password