Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · old school triangular Canon strappy things....

RichardLavigne
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · old school triangular Canon strappy things....

You know those little triangular doo-hickeys (that's a technical term) that Canon used to use to connect their straps to the body? Does anyone know where I can get those? I just took delivery of this minty fresh Canon F-1 and that seems to be the only thing missing.

http://www.pbase.com/dropcivc/image/147285302/original.jpg

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Mike Sowsun
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · old school triangular Canon strappy things....

This is not OEM Canon, but might do the trick for you..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/196374-REG/Hama_HA_279_02_Split_Rings_Triangle_Set.html

"I bought some Hama triangle split rings to attach a strap to the lugs of my New F1, but they are of lesser quality and not as robust as those that Canon used to supply"

"They work, but they're not the same as the ones that came with your camera. Slightly smaller wire and poorer bends than I'd like; they work just the same so I'll give them 4 Stars"

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · old school triangular Canon strappy things....

they don't look very strong. Today's dslr and lenses are quite heavy.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · old school triangular Canon strappy things....

They are strong, each will probably hold 30 pounds securely (you'll probably tear your strap or pull the stud from the camera before you bend these!). But you want the ones with embedded plastic bumpers.

I bought some on eBay recently.

Here's a great deal, currently listed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANON-CAMERA-STRAP-LUG-RINGS-AE-1-A-1-FTn-ORIGINAL-/110974021529?pt=US_Camera_Straps_Hand_Grips&hash=item19d6912f99

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · old school triangular Canon strappy things....

M Lucca wrote:
they don't look very strong. Today's dslr and lenses are quite heavy.

Ah dunno, the pro cameras and lens of yesterday were often made of steel and brass, not plastics and magnesium. F1N looks like it might out weigh a 1D series. I have an old FM3A with motor drive (8 AA batteries) and it feels like 3 bricks tied together. And it is a compact camera compared to a F1N.

Nov 12, 2012 at 01:45 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · old school triangular Canon strappy things....

Gochugogi wrote:
Ah dunno, the pro cameras and lens of yesterday were often made of steel and brass, not plastics and magnesium. F1N looks like it might out weigh a 1D series. I have an old FM3A with motor drive (8 AA batteries) and it feels like 3 bricks tied together. And it is a compact camera compared to a F1N.

I would say that the F1 is easily the same weight as a 5DmkIII with grip or my old 1DmkIII.

Nov 12, 2012 at 02:29 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.