Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

JPJ2007
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

EDIT: Adding some new shots/tighter, Some just cropped, some may be new. They will be marked alphabetical.

Got to shoot some Youth Football for the first time today, PeeWee League

I shot about 800 total through 4 games. Cant really snap fast with a portrait body. lol....

Here's a few quick ones before I finally get some sleep.

Pretty happy with them, Considering it's my first time and it's a 5D Classic.
Lenses = 400 f/5.6, 70-200 f/4

11. Facial Expression

14. Ending on a weak point, Wasn't really happy with this photo but his facial expression.....

So, what do you think!? By far not professional, I may be gloating but I'm pretty happy with em'!

I was really worried about the lighting, but lucky me I didn't have to mess with it in pp since I got lucky with the right shutter speed. lol

New shots. Some new, Some just tighter crops.

A.

B.

C.

D.

E.

F.

G.

H.
I have to tell the story about this photo. I snapped this photo, it's the only photo I took that day of a kid who looked at the camera that close to me. I was later told, the poor kid lost his father two weeks before this football game to a car crash. So his mother is very happy that I snapped this photo....

I.

J. Again ending on a weak photo, But I like this one wide because it shows the hurdle that this kid has to throw the football over.

Hope those look good,

Edited on Nov 17, 2012 at 02:59 AM · View previous versions

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

good action shots - nice set

Nov 11, 2012 at 06:27 AM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

You should be happy with them. You have some really nice grabs here -- and it looks to me like you nailed the exposure on what could have been a really tough day to shoot with bright sun.

The only comment I would have is that they are all WAY to wide and need to be cropped quite a bit. For example, look at number 1. See how much wasted space there is on the left and on the right. Crop it vertical to inclued just the ball carrier and the defender and see what happens to your shot. Not only will it draw your attention directly to the action, it also will clean up the backgrounds to get rid of the red car in the background on the right and the factory/brick building on the left. I think if you use the crop tool on this set, you will have some real winners.

I don't ever touch anyone else's photos without permission, but if you want me to crop a couple for me, let me know and I will show you what I am talking about.

Good stuff here.

Rick

Nov 11, 2012 at 07:32 AM
thursdaylsr
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

Great action and like Rick said I would crop some of them fewer, but #5 is a great example of not having to always crop, it tells a cool little story and gives great environment.

Nov 11, 2012 at 08:18 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

Very nice set... just shoot or crop tighter.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM
svanstone9

[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

A very Nice Set I agree with Alesse working on your cropping.

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:38 AM
JPJ2007
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

Okay thanks guys

Nov 13, 2012 at 09:30 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

P Alesse wrote:
Very nice set... just shoot or crop tighter.

crop tighter

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM
mdalby
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

I like the set. Nice job. I love youth football.

Nov 14, 2012 at 05:24 PM
chrisbergmann
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

Real nice set. My only question is whats up with the grass?

Nov 15, 2012 at 09:10 AM
darian9991

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

Very nice photos. The clarity and the sharpness are great. Shooting kids football is amazing. I love it and you've done a great job at it. Also accept the criticism that have been written. It will only make your photos that much better. Enjoy.

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM
JPJ2007
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

Thanks again guys.

The grass, the field is absolutely horrible. All dead, and unlike the average field which is
high in the middle and tapers low at the edges this field was high in the center and then
tapered down and back up a 3rd of the way to the sidelines on both sides and then
tapered back down. Horrible field....

PLEASE LOOK AT THE OP, I'M ADDING SOME MORE SHOTS. Some Tighter, Some new.

Nov 17, 2012 at 02:45 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

Great looking shots. Colors are fantastic. Sad story for that little guy. Crop it to an 8x10...print it and give it to the mom and little boy.

Nov 17, 2012 at 08:56 AM
clarence3
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 1st Youth Football Photos!

JPJ2007 wrote:
PLEASE LOOK AT THE OP, I'M ADDING SOME MORE SHOTS. Some Tighter, Some new.

A. Back. No ball. No face. No action. (delete unkess you have zero other pictures of this kid).

B. Back. No ball. OOF. Delete.

C. My favorite action. It's OOF, but because of the flying ball carrier, you can keep it at web-size or 4x6.

E. This is a tough one. I probably wouldn't delete it, but I wouldn't choose it for a highlight pic. Good action with ball carrier and defender, but you really need some eyes. Plus, it's a little crowded with the ball carrier running out of the frame.

I. Late. Other players are just standing around in the background.

J. Crop out the trash can behind the QB.

You'll get hooked with Youth Football... plenty of light, cute kids. I know how challenging action can be with the 5Dc and 5D2. But it really does a great job if you can get the focus to track. But you've got to be more selective at just giving up the pictures that aren't quite there.

Nov 17, 2012 at 09:02 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.