Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Transcend wireless SD card

Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Transcend wireless SD card

So it looks like transcend have gone for a wireless option now
http://connect.dpreview.com/post/3863011021/transcend-releases-new-wi-fi-memory-card

Nice to see they offer sensible memory sizes with 16 & 32 gig

Nov 09, 2012 at 09:30 PM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Transcend wireless SD card

I really would like to see a CF card from them. I love Transcend cards, been using them for years with 0 problems. So much so I have 4x32gb cards. Transcend is like the underdog in the fight against SanDisk

Nov 09, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Transcend wireless SD card

BenV wrote:
I really would like to see a CF card from them. I love Transcend cards, been using them for years with 0 problems. So much so I have 4x32gb cards. Transcend is like the underdog in the fight against SanDisk

They have released new CF cards a couple of weeks ago. They now have a full line of CF 1000x cards up to 128GB cards

Nov 09, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Transcend wireless SD card

Ben
Yeah but I can see why it's always SD cards . The CF market is getting smaller all the time.

I've just stopped using CF in my 7D (although if I'm crushing the buffer ll the time I still have a couple of cards) . I find that a cf adapter with a SD card in is mor convienient . It's easier and faster to feed my IPad from a SD than to cable up the 7D . The only thing I notice is a slightly longer delay to get the preview up . Yes the write times are longer but most of the time it's not an issue.

I will be interested in this card. If it allows you to send just the jpegs to an iPad/iPhone/android device then ill have to have a look.

Nov 09, 2012 at 11:01 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Transcend wireless SD card

Does that work with real computers and NEF format? I don't have any use for jepgs or sending 32GB to a phone.

EBH

Nov 10, 2012 at 07:33 PM
Csae
• • •
p.1 #6 · Transcend wireless SD card

It might just be an architecture logistical problem, or maybe they really don't think theres a market for it.

Mind you a 32G WiFi for 100$ is a nice deal, especially if it has a decent enough range/speed to it.

If they ever do a CF version, it'll probably be more geared towards pros, maybe starting at 32G and over 130$ ish depending on the speed.

Nov 10, 2012 at 07:53 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password