Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Opposites WA - If only....

GeorgieGirl
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Opposites WA - If only....

I reviewed the rules and only photos taken during the assignment can be entered. My timing is way off...*sigh*.

Nov 06, 2012 at 07:06 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Opposites WA - If only....

Welcome to FM.
Very interesting image. I am not sure it clearly says "Opposites" and its a complex image, but certainly a keeper, WA or no.
I would simplify this somewhat disorienting image (part of its strength) by cropping from the top. I am torn between a crop at the bottom of exterior wall/ceiling and taking off a bit more to crop to eliminate the thin panes of glass at the top. I suspect the second is a more powerful version.
Then I have the disorienting sense of looking at a vivid large screen TV where the bright daylight colors of the rocks come through.
Where is this BTW?

Scott

Nov 06, 2012 at 07:49 PM
GeorgieGirl
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Opposites WA - If only....

Scott -

This is from the inside of an enclosure that is the structure that makes up an indoor/outdoor pool that can be a solarium pool all year round or an outdoor pool portion, seasonally.

The 'opposites' I saw were the reflections in the pool of the building's inverse structures for a top and bottom Opposite. The Opposite tinted window panes on the left and right with the 'clear' view straight through with the glass wide open. The tiled decks mid-stream Opposite one another mid frame. The hand-rails and hand-rails, the fence and fence, and the shrub and the shrub in the landscape beyond.

Many Opposites.

Thanks for your comments!

I will contemplate your crop suggestions and see what can be bettered by a clean up.

Nov 06, 2012 at 08:35 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.