Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · "Old School" - Edited

oldrattler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · "Old School" - Edited

Thinking about entering the monthly assignment, "old technology"... Would love to hear your opinions and suggestions... Thanks, Jim
Image 2 I raised the frame to reduce shadows... Is there too much "Red" in the wood-grain on the camera?? Thanks Jim

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II    35mm    f/2.0    1/15s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II    35mm    f/2.0    1/15s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Nov 06, 2012 at 04:47 AM · View previous versions

Nov 05, 2012 at 01:14 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · "Old School" - Edited

That's really cool, Jim.
Subject is a good choice and I like the underlying label. The frame is a good choice as well. Cant tell how much is subject, how much is processing, but its got that 50's look, so it all hangs together.
Tweak: Just beneath the handle the frame is discolored and shadowed. I'd fix that.
Not sure what is going on along the edges with lines of gray shadow. I cant quite make sense of them in terms of vignette or lighting effects.

Scott

Nov 05, 2012 at 01:55 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · "Old School" - Edited

sbeme wrote:
That's really cool, Jim.
Subject is a good choice and I like the underlying label. The frame is a good choice as well. Cant tell how much is subject, how much is processing, but its got that 50's look, so it all hangs together.
Tweak: Just beneath the handle the frame is discolored and shadowed. I'd fix that.
Not sure what is going on along the edges with lines of gray shadow. I cant quite make sense of them in terms of vignette or lighting effects.

Scott

There was a minimum of PP... The light was all natural... Image right light was a large window with a Silk / satiny type curtain... Image top lighting was a large window with wood slat horizontal blinds... The convergence of the two produced these unwelcome shadows... I shoot this with a Zeiss 35 F2... This was my first attempt at using it so possibly it added to the appearance... Thank you for the suggestions... Jim

Nov 05, 2012 at 02:39 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · "Old School" - Edited

I would like to see a bit more negative space between the subject & frame. Maybe you could have the frame in a different plane from the subject (i.e. on blocks, etc.) to generate a bit of a gap. Might also give you some latitude at shadow management options.

Diggin' the concept.

Nov 05, 2012 at 03:10 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · "Old School" - Edited

RustyBug wrote:
I would like to see a bit more negative space between the subject & frame. Maybe you could have the frame in a different plane from the subject (i.e. on blocks, etc.) to generate a bit of a gap. Might also give you some latitude at shadow management options.

Diggin' the concept.

Thanks kent... I will try for more separation... Jim

Nov 05, 2012 at 04:51 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password