FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · DSLRRemotePro + Canon Selphy users

Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · DSLRRemotePro + Canon Selphy users

I know many of you use this setup for your photobooths. I've used this setup for 5 or 6 photobooths. It works pretty well. The only drawback is the printing time.

But, my prints have a milky plasticky appearance (kind of like really aggressive Noise Reduction). Have any of you experienced this? If so, what did you do to fix it? The files (both original jpg's and the jpgs of the image with overlays) look fine, its just the printing that looks off.

If I print a regular file (from lightroom), the images look great, but using DSLRRemotePro, they dont look as great.

Oct 30, 2012 at 03:50 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DSLRRemotePro + Canon Selphy users

I have no idea what is causing that for you, I am not experiencing the same results and have been using these together for about 2 yrs.

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:02 PM
jprezant
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DSLRRemotePro + Canon Selphy users

SOOOO SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:22 PM
blueirisarts
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DSLRRemotePro + Canon Selphy users

I can only speak for the printing speed on a PC... look into printer pooling. Works like a charm! Basically it sends the image to the printer spooling pool and automagically sends the next print to the next available printer.

I've never seen an issue with print quality... maybe it's just because I don't expect a $100 printer to do the same quality as an $1800 Sony dye sub printer.

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:54 PM
Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DSLRRemotePro + Canon Selphy users

Now that I look at the prints closer, the prints are fine. I do an overlay for all my photobooths that include a white border and the logo coming out of the bottom. I think problem is the overlay. In looking at it, I'm pretty sure I've been printing them from a 72dpi image, not a 240 or 300

Oct 30, 2012 at 08:17 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.