FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · New Site

paparazzinick
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Site

For the past few years we have used prophotoblogs for our site. Loved them and still do. But we were getting sick of every other photographer in town having similar sites to ours. Not only that, but we found 3 locals that built a site almost exactly like ours. So we went out and did something different. It is not done yet. but pretty close to being done.

let me know what you think.

thanks
Nick

nbombichstudios.com

Oct 30, 2012 at 02:42 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Site

Okay, a few comments. My first impression upon opening the main site was that it's very nice. I like your look. The slideshow kicks in and the "stop" icon is displayed right there in the middle of your images. Not so good. I clicked on your "About Us" and the page comes up over the main page slideshow and the slideshow is continuing in the background. Maybe people will think they're missing out on pictures? At the least, it's distracting. It's like that for the Investments and Contacts links too.

So overall, it looks very nice. I hope this helps.

Oct 30, 2012 at 02:56 PM
td81
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Site

Very nice site and template. You should add some audio tracks

Oct 30, 2012 at 02:58 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Site

Thanks for the feedback. I might add audio. I had audio on my old flash site but took it off because a lot of people check my site from work and I dont want music blasting at work for them.

Oct 30, 2012 at 03:00 PM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Site

Regarding the Investment section:

White font and the black background is a little hard to read, and the layout is a little plain. I know it might not be the best for SEO, but designing that page in PS or Indesign might be an option (and saving it as a jpg)

Oct 30, 2012 at 03:16 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Site

ZachOly wrote:
Regarding the Investment section:

White font and the black background is a little hard to read, and the layout is a little plain. I know it might not be the best for SEO, but designing that page in PS or Indesign might be an option (and saving it as a jpg)

I agree 100%. Like I said, not done yet. This is one of the pages we are NOT done with yet Just kinda wanted something up there as placeholder until we get a good edit done.

An image of a PS layout might be what we do. thanks for the suggestion.

Oct 30, 2012 at 03:27 PM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Site

I would make the links a little larger.

I think it is ok but not something that looks unique if that is what you are going for. Of course in your market it may be a one off.

Prophoto is extremely customizable. You could make it look very different just because most don't.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Site

Don't add audio, for the reasons you said you took it off.

No pro should have music on their web site other than slide shows.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:36 AM
MalachiConstant
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Site

Hmmm...
-I like the giant images front an center
-really don't like the tiny nav menu
-Don't like the menu font used. "VolterGoldfishRegular" it looks like a 80's video game font, which doesn't seem to fit your image much. I do really like the one on the inner page headers, "Dosis"
-Footer is not centered
-I like the effect of your logo bouncing up and down
-Why would you ever want your logo off the page though? Not sure what benefit you gain from removing the logo other than the snazzy animation?
-Image loader animation: It seems strange that it is going downward. "falling". I think, emotionally speaking, one going upwards would help.

Hope this helps

Oct 31, 2012 at 08:07 AM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Site

Looks polished. Nice big images. I agree that the "pause" button in the middle of the image is awkward. Can you make it disappear until mouse-over?

Also, when I click back or forward an image, it's annoying that it doesn't automatically pause. I clicked back to see an image, and it almost immediately re-advanced in the show, did it again, and finally I paused first, then clicked back. Small thing, but worth changing it so that it pauses when someone activates a manual slide control.

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:44 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Site

Thanks for all the input everyone. I am going to make some of the changes you all suggested after I get my last 2 galleries up this weekend. Kids and people

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:56 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.