Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

JohnLL
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

I have a Leica M7 with a diopter eyepiece that suits my vision. I am not using this camera a whole lot these days, and cannot imagine I would carry it at the same time as a Fuji X Pro-1 - if I were to get one. I understand the Leica diopters fit the thread on the Fuji eyepiece. Would I also need the same strength of diopter with the Fuji as works OK with the Leica? Or would I need to get a different-strength eyepiece? Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me!

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:43 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

The same strength should be fine.

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:47 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

Yes, same strength. I bought a Nikon eyepiece diopter form my X-Pro 1, at the same diopter power as I dial in on my other cameras that have adjustable diopter finders.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM
CVickery
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

I believe the Leica diopter is a different thread size so you wouldn't be able to reuse the one you have.

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM
JohnLL
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

Many thanks to you all. CVickery - I'll try to check this - thanks.

Oct 31, 2012 at 02:52 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

perhaps you guys can help me out:

i am nearsighted. fuji says:

"The corrective lenses best suited for near-sighted photographers are those with negative values, while the opposite is true for the far-sighted, positive value corrective lenses. Each set, whether positive or negative, has a range of 1, 2 or 3 levels. The specific -1 correction value is laser etched into the lens so you always know which you're using."

so i need a negative value diopter by the sounds of it. the problem is i have no idea if i need -1, -2 or -3. on my fuji x100 and my canon bodies i have to crank the diopter adjustment pretty much all the way to get things crisp. any idea if this corresponds to -1, -2 or -3?

Feb 04, 2013 at 10:46 AM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

for what it's worth, here's my left eye prescription:

Left Eye: Power -2.00 | BC 8.7 | Dia 14.5 | Cyl -0.75 | Axis 90

maybe this just means i use a -2? i have no idea if these numbers correspond.

Feb 04, 2013 at 10:49 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

You could drop into a drug store and try on reading glasses.

Feb 04, 2013 at 10:50 AM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

jcolwell wrote:
You could drop into a drug store and try on reading glasses.

i think those would only make things worse for me... i don't need reading glasses at all, only for things far away. reading glasses are all + values, right?

Feb 04, 2013 at 10:54 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

goosemang wrote:
i think those would only make things worse for me... i don't need reading glasses at all, only for things far away. reading glasses are all + values, right?

I didn't know you already had your prescription. I must have been typing while you posted.

The X100 diopter adjusts from -2 to +1. All of my Canon bodies (5D, 5DII, 1DIV, and 1DX) adjust from -3 to +1. I use +1. I have a Nikon +2 diopter lens on my X-Pro 1 finder to give me +1, as it (and most cameras) has a -1 diopter; -1 + 2 = +1.

I figure you need a -1 diopter lens on your X-Pro 1 finder (-1 -1 = -2), but then I'm not an optomitrist.

Feb 04, 2013 at 11:12 AM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Eyepiece diopters for Fuji X Pro-1 - a question.

ok, since i crank mine all the way down on my canon as well, i'm probably solidly in the -2 or -3 range. i read something that the x-pro diopters by fuji are made so the resulting adjustment is whatever the diopter states. for instance, even though the body is a -1 by default, if you use fuji's -2 diopter you don't get -3, you get -2. god only knows what's actually correct. i'm going to order the -2 and go from there.

finally pulled the trigger on a used body and the 35 1.4. pretty psyched as i love my x100 more and more as time goes on, and i've wanted to try the xpro for a while now.

Feb 04, 2013 at 11:20 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.