Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Utah Lake Sunset.

andyjaggy82
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Utah Lake Sunset.

I do a lot of sunsets at this lake since it's a 5 minute drive from my house.

I was a little late getting there and didn't have time to really set up, I literally plopped my tripod down the first spot I came to and shot a panorama, I wished I had more time to set up a composition. I figured a pano would at least give me some cropping ability in post.

So, what do you guys think of the crop, I can't decide if I like it this wide of I should trim it down a bit

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:26 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Utah Lake Sunset.

Hey Andy,

You got some cool color here. I think I would crop off almost 1/2 of the bottom water area. The very bottom of the shot doesn't offer anything interesting and kind of drags down the cool colors of the background.

Jim

Oct 29, 2012 at 03:46 PM
HiredGoon
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Utah Lake Sunset.

Nice sunset ... but I agree with Jim about cropping some of the bottom.

I'm trying to think were this shot was taken ... when I lived in Utah I'd sometimes head down to the Lindon marina for Utah Lake shots (until the insects got too ferocious). This looks further south, down near Provo perhaps?

Have you taken any sunrise shots from the other side of the lake?

Nov 01, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Utah Lake Sunset.

It's by the Lindon marina yes, or a bit south on the boardwalk area.

I haven't actually ever made it to the other side of the lake, I live in AF so this is the closest spot to get to, I don't usually plan on going down and shooting the lake, it's usually an impromptu thing when I see some nice color developing and I run down there real quick.

I think I will actually have to disagree about the cropping though... I like the fiddly stuff at the bottom, I do think I will crop off the right side where the sky starts to turn yellow though.

Nov 01, 2012 at 03:20 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Utah Lake Sunset.

Hi Andy:

I was thinking of that spot too. I was on the other side about 4 miles south of Pelican Point Monday morning for a moonlit shot towards Spanish Fork.

Nov 01, 2012 at 03:34 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Utah Lake Sunset.

Nice, I really need to make it over to the other side of the lake and explore a little bit.

Nov 01, 2012 at 04:04 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password